Live reptile shipments--preferred carriers... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Miscellaneous > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics not appropriate for the Miscellaneous sales, wanteds, or trade forums.

Old 03-03-2002, 07:18 PM   #1
Joshua Gray / Gecko Paradise
Hi, I'm just looking to get some opinions on the current industry situation in shipping live reptiles, specifically lizards.

It seems that carriers are changing their policies everyday, and it's hard to know who will ship what from one day to the next and still give guarantees. spam_Which maybe isn't true, but it's just my observation.

Could I get some opinions on what carriers and services people use, why they use that carrier, and what their policies are? spam_And why do you choose the carrier/s that you use. spam_If you ship lizards, your response would be particularly helpful.

Thanks so much in advance.

--Joshua

Old 03-03-2002, 07:58 PM   #2
Joshua Gray / Gecko Paradise
For anyone interested, I've found the official USPS policies for shipping reptiles, and any live animal, for that matter.

The policies for shipping 'Small Cold-blooded Animals' is section C022.3.2 of the USPS DMM (Domestic Mail Manual).  (Section C022 is for all 'Perishables' and sub-section 3.0 for 'Live Animals' and sub-sub-section 3.2 for 'Small Cold-blooded Animals'.)

You can view these policies online by using the USPS Postal Explorer, website http://pe.usps.gov/ and search for "C022.3.2".  This will take you right to this section.

I hope this helps anyone with questions regarding USPS official policy, cause it sure helped me!

--Joshua

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!