new rack ( dial up warning ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
BryonsBoas
new rack ( dial up warning )

Built this for a buddy , thought i'd show the steps.

I cut the shelves 35 3/4 " L x 16 7/8" W.

I attatched the side rails and backstops in the first 2 pics. The 3rd is adding 2x4s for attatching wheels.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
BryonsBoas
next phase

in the top pic i start screwing everything down. Want to make sure its all straight to start.

I added the plywood side after i leveled it up and its only temperary for now.

I use 3 1x4s per side and the ply fits between the back 2 for that nice dark spot.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
BryonsBoas
Next Steps

This shows the finished side and back. I used the locking style casters for the front and regular casters for the back.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2005, 10:05 PM   #4
BryonsBoas
Finishing up thre building

As far as the putting things together goes it is done.
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2005, 12:13 AM   #5
CAV
That's a great design Bryon. If you don't mind me asking, what did your final materials bill run?

Old 03-28-2005, 05:41 AM   #6
DAND
Question

Bryon,

How is it going to be heated?

Old 03-28-2005, 01:45 PM   #7
gmherps
I'm sure glad this rack is mine!!!!
All you other guys back off my rack man!!!

Old 03-29-2005, 11:23 PM   #8
BryonsBoas
Sorry it took so long to respond

I'm out of town right now. Final material cost isn't done yet since I still have a few things to wrap up on it. I'm going to stain the inside of the side and back panels to help to keep it nice and dark and waterproof all the wood.

It'll be heated by 11" heat tape , 1 piece per level . When i run the heat I'll take more pics and post them in the thread. It would be a little cheaper on materials if you use the scrap pieces of melamine for the sides but it adds a buttload more weight doing that so i dropped an extra $11 for a piece of luan plywood and it was big enough to cover both sides and the back from 1 sheet. When its done I'll do a complete parts list as it will stand ready to deliver. So far as I can tell just materials isn't that expensive and it only takes 10 - 14 hours from picking up supplies to building to wiring in heat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!