Cranky ATB for adoption in Oregon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
charmer
Cranky ATB for adoption in Oregon

I will NOT ship him, I would've considered it when it wasn't snow weather here. If you live near Redmond, OR feel free to inquire on him, otherwise he will remain properly cared for here. Thanks!

I bought this guy for a hybrid project. He was offered to me for little next to nothing and was basically free since I was buying a high priced BCI from the guy as well, so he was just sent along. He IS wild caught! He is NOT friendly. I do not handle him much except for cleaning, he lives to try and get ahold of anything that comes near him, but no longer pops off at the tub when he sees motion. He has mellowed some being in a place where I am often moving around to care for my other animals. He is a light brown/red color, very typical coloring; I will provide images for someone who is looking to add him to a project or as a display for a store, etc. He no longer has issues shedding. At first upon arriving to me, he did not eat. Now, with a little wiggling, he will take a PK or FT small/hopper rats on tongs, but he is smart... he knows something is on the other end of that rat and he'll look for ya ;p
He is kept in a taller tub unit for arboreals, I have a dowel attached from end to end for him to curl up on, but generally he enjoys a nice coil on the floor. I originally used an extra bowl with a fuzzy rat in it to entice him to start eating for me finally. I knew without the bowl the fuzzy would crawl around blindly, and at first, anything that moved scared the ATB and he would strike madly. I decided the bowl kept the rat in one place and he could hunt at will without it approaching him. I used to cover the front of his tub for privacy, but now if he wants a meal, he'll take it from the tongs; so you'll know if he wants a meal within a minute or two, no more guessing.
I am not hiding his temperament, I just want him to go somewhere where he'll be of use and cared for to the best of the keepers ability despite attitude issues.
My email is rabid_angel@hotmail.com, feel free to contact me for any questions and pictures. I'd prefer to find him a home nearby; I live in Redmond, OR 97756 and will drive a bit to meet a potential owner.
Thanks,
Stephanie Siebert

Old 10-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
schumi8318206
by any chance is he still available??

Old 10-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
charmer
Yes...

The irritable fellow is still looking for a caring home... you can email me if you'd like to discuss him, rabid_angel@hotmail.com

Old 11-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
kingjunior
if you will ship please email me to hights180@yahoo.com

Old 12-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #5
samrawet
you mail is correct here it show problem check your mail id

Old 12-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
charmer
It's right...

The email address in my original post is correct. Make sure you didn't copy the comma when you copy and pasted my email address... otherwise, thanks for any interest you had in the little guy, but I see you are from Mexico. I won't be shipping him and I live in Central Oregon, sorry!
Stephanie

Old 12-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
Uroboros
If you get hard up, I can foster him if he come with an enclosure. I have space in my snake room, but the enclosures are all spoken for. I'm in the Portland area and make it down toward you sometimes, maybe we could meet in Eugene or something.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #8
charmer
Well...

He isn't a problem to keep really, I just have no use for him and wanted to find him a home where he'll be of use or be loved (in some way). As for a cage for him, I keep all my enclosures for breeding projects or (?) who knows, so I am afraid I won't be giving one up with him.
A lot of time and care has gone into him, being a wild caught, to get him feeding on PK/FT and shedding well. He can stay with me until he finds a permanent home or I decide to keep him after all, no problem there, but I really appreciate your offer! If you find an enclosure for him later and decide you'd like to pick him up to keep as your own, as a pet or for breeding, feel free to email me again and see if he is still here!
Thanks,
Stephanie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread