Affirmative action - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #1
John Apple
Affirmative action

I am sure to get some slack but here goes.....
I was walking into a local grocery store getting to walk up the curb and almost get run over by an idiot parking his car on the curb while leaving his kids in the running car[ mind you parking on a yellow curb is a no-no] So I walk up to him and voice my opinion and he starts screaming 'Affirmative action mother'bleeper' . By this time I am about to get in it deep, My wife grabs my arm and points to his kids in the car and I leave to go in the store.
I have 6 kids and I am sure his kids would not want to see him beat down.
The gentleman in question was black and after that I say screw affirmative action...I mean do we have an American caucasion college.
I look at it like this when we bleed it is red no matter what the skin color.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #2
WarrenReptiles
I will just say that I'm fairly certain that affirmative action was not designed to allow complete disregard of ordinances/laws (parking in a no parking). I also don't care what race a person is if they threaten my well being I will have something to say about it!

Old 12-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
cornsnakekid92
i tihnk that we really need to get rid of affirmative action, reverse racisim is bad. and no offensive to African American people but i hate when some say that they are only getting firered etc. because of the color of their skin when they are just doinf a lousy job at it! ( it happenes with all races i was just useing african americans as a example

Old 12-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
CurtisF
The fact he has kids is what really bothers me. Sure, you will always have retards like that, but he is parading his stupid ideals in front of his own children

Old 12-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
John Apple
Ignorance is also a learned trait so is stupidity...the bad thing about all this is I almost fell into his own line of stupidity and ignorance by confronting him....his kids are likely to go down a bad path and I feel sorry for them

Old 12-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #6
SoulSmilen
The kids' safety is certainly number one, being in a running car is dangerous; I'm surprised no one has commented on any laws about unattended children being in a running car -Kaitlyn's law. I'm not sure how many states have adopted the law or what the age limits are for each state that does enforce it, but that's another aspect of the law broken.

I understand your frustration on the level you mentioned, and I'd probably be in jail right now if I had been there. Jail or the hospital, anyway.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
Dragondad
Affirmative action, like a lot of things, had probably some good basis at the time it was instituted. Yet it now has become the rally cry for using race as and excuse to achieve something that isn't deserved or to make race and excuse to violate the rules.

I have been told by an employee that "not only was she the only woman supervisor but the only black supervisor so I couldn't do anything to her"

or from another employee in a grievance hearing...as said to the above supervisor....."you need to remember your race and give us a break in the rules"

and yet the racial intolerance is as blind from the ones claiming minority status as from anyone. Was walking into a grocery store, in front of me were three African American Women, coming out was an hispanic gentleman, he tried coming out the wrong automatic door. One of the women yelled, "go out the other door you dumb f**k**n taco."

In Michigan we passed a law that prohibits the use of race as a basis for employment and contracts by government entities....(loose interpretation) yet we have government entities trying to band together in a legal suit to try to overturn this law.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #8
Chameleon Company
John,
Sorry for the nonsense that you had to put up with. While the whole concept of affirmative action still has many of us wondering "how did we ever start this mess", the even bigger question now seems to be "OK, now that we have this monster, how do we get rid of it", as it has become the fabric of so many things. All that aside, what struck me as pathetic in all of this was the individual's response to you to begin with, as I haven't connected the dots yet on reckless illegal parking and affirmative action, although I have to guess that it was a "privilege" denied you, but granted to him
Just another thought from CNN earlier today. They were interviewing people waiting in line outside the Apollo in NYC to view the body of James Brown. They gave abut a minute to a teenage black girl, who was saying many good things about James Brown, and she ended her words by saying "And 'Yes', I am proud to be black". My first thoughts were of perhaps waiting in line to view President Ford or some other dead dignitary, getting my 30 seconds with a CNN camera and mike, and saying "I am proud to be white", the "affirmative action" angle being that my pride would not be as well received .

Old 12-28-2006, 10:13 PM   #9
Dragondad
I live here in Grand Rapids, want me to try it??? You point reminds me of the recent issues raised concerning the use of the "n" word. A WASP uses the term and its bad yet you can find African Americans using it about their "friends" their "enemies" or just in general. Finally its taken and ugly situation to bring out how the term itself should not be used by anyone.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:22 AM   #10
DAND
I cannot remember which comic it was (he was Black). Part of his routine went like this:

"N" call "N's" "N's"
"N's" call non-"N's" "N's"
"N's" get pissed off when non-"N's" call "N's" "N's".

As for affirmative action, I think one should get the job by ones abilities not ones ethnic or gender for that matter. I do not see how filling a position with anything other than qualified person is beneficial to anyone. Filling a position with the best of the (just using this as an example) Black Women when the worst of the White males is better qualified just doesn't make any sense.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!