Does anyone knows the laws on importing out of site for North Carolina? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Reptile202
Does anyone knows the laws on importing out of site for North Carolina?

I currently live in North Carolina. I'm looking to purchase a black rat snake, which is native here, from a petstore online.

So far I've not been able to find anything saying I need an importing permit or health certificate.

Can anyone confirm this?

Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Reptile202
Uh, sorry I didn't see that typo until now.

*Out of state, not site.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
No, you don't need either of those to purchase a black rat.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile202 View Post
I currently live in North Carolina. I'm looking to purchase a black rat snake, which is native here, from a petstore online.

So far I've not been able to find anything saying I need an importing permit or health certificate.

Can anyone confirm this?
Personally, I would never buy from a pet store, on-line or otherwise, the quality of the animal is lacking more times than not. You would get better results from a breeder (99% of the time)

Old 03-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Reptile202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Personally, I would never buy from a pet store, on-line or otherwise, the quality of the animal is lacking more times than not. You would get better results from a breeder (99% of the time)
I know, man. I'm not a fan of putting a snake through trauma of shipping either. I searched around and I cannot locate any breeders with adult black rat snakes for sale. The only one I found was out of stock, and won't have any more because they're shutting their businesses down.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Reptile202
If you or anyone viewing this topic knows of any breeders with adult black rat snakes, please let me know.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Snake-Queen
Shipping isn't really an issue, most snakes do fine being shipped; most pet stores don't take the best care of their reptiles, mostly due to not having experienced help.
Try going to the classifieds here and looking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!