What herps have bitten you? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #31
shrap
What animals have I bit? Now that is the real question.....

Old 12-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #32
retic88
Burms ,Boas, tegu , water monitor & anacondas. on a daily basis my dam anacondas. im tring to take them down and make them nice but you just cant trust a anaconda. wost bite was my 13ft burm. was holding a rat by the tail and feeding it and it missed the rat and got me. hand was black and blue for a week. my wife it would have to be my granite burm.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #33
AvandisFifth187
Let's see.... I have been bitten by:

A few different species of garter snakes native to Ohio
Common North American Brown Toad (surprised that it didn't just piss on me)
Red eared slider
A golden-back salamander
a couple of Mole Salamanders
My lil hypo leo

and that's it....

Old 12-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #34
KingBowser
I've been bitten by multiple things, but probably the worst one was by a 5 foot crocodile monitor that I use to own. I still have the scar...

Old 12-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #35
pgwdragons
Hmm.. lets see, ive been tagged by..

Bearded Dragons
Leopard Geckos
Ball pythons
Redtail boas
Amazon Tree Boa
Blue tail skink
kenyan sand boa
tegu
Got a pretty big scar on my right forearm from a 4ft. white throat monitor
kingsnakes
milksnakes
and randomly enough a pacman frog lmfao

Old 12-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #36
Briscoe007
I just got bitten by my wife's African Fat Tailed gecko that we have had for 10 years. It has never done anything like that. It didn't hurt much, but it wouldn't let go for 10 minutes. I felt like if I tried to pull it off I might hurt the Gecko

Old 12-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #37
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe007 View Post
I felt like if I tried to pull it off I might hurt the Gecko
That's how you know you're a true herper - they're biting you and you're worried they'll get hurt.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #38
ace9916
Man you all have been biten by quite a list there.

Annabella May you must be really tasty you even have humans on your list. Yicks

I'v been bitten by Pit BUll,( largest animal to get me, darn dog he got his though) Bearded Dragon, Tegu, Gecko, Amazon Parret, Bunny, and a silk worm who thought my finger was food for somereason he was nawing on my finger for 10 minutes before he figured it out.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #39
Twizted Paths
At least I'm not the only one to get bit by a bunny, that bite made me quite indignant.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #40
LauraB
Herps = musk and mud turtles, a 28-lb snapper I was using to educate kids (that one got me by surprise!), box turtle, several species of snakes, chameleons, a beardie.

Birds: Umbrella cockatoo, cockatiel

Arachnids: stepped on a black widow in Tucson when I lived there; got a scorp sting when I picked it up last year thinking it was an escaped cricket in my house.

Dogs, cats, a squirrel, rabbit, mice, a horse once and when I was a third-grader, picked up a small dying bat, took it home and hid it in my bedroom to "save" it. It died hours later, but not before a nice little bite to my hand, which I also hid from my parents, until it became a bit infected. Turned out to be my first lesson in parental rage and why I should NOT touch every animal I see. Rabies shots suck.

Ah, good times

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!