What herps have bitten you? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #71
dturner100
My juvie retic just added to the list this morning. Tagged my chin pretty good. I'd forgot that I had a rat running around on my shoulder 5 minutes prior to getting him out.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #72
dturner100
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonjim View Post
16ft tiger retic, 16 stitches. I know now not to pull away as fast as I can.

Yeah, bad move. It took my big burmese about 10 minutes to let go. All I could really do when she wrapped up my hand and arm was pet her. Of course the whole thing was my fault anyway. Lesson learned: Don't sleep with a 16' burmese, and better yet if you do when she licks your face in your sleep don't smack at her thinking she's a fly landing on you!

Old 02-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #73
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post
. Lesson learned: Don't sleep with a 16' burmese, and better yet if you do when she licks your face in your sleep don't smack at her thinking she's a fly landing on you!

Thanks, that made me choke on my coffee.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #74
bsash
Well, I can tell you I have not been bitten by a lot of different species, but I am definitely in for the count if you want to go for quantity. I have two Nile monitors and the are ornate Nile monitors. Well, let me tell you, I am almost afraid to wear anything other than long sleeves, someone might think that I'm suicidal.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #75
lindseymarie_est1987
Is it bad that i enjoy getting bit?
well my list isnt too long....yet
multiple BRBs
multiple BPs
multiple Chondros
3 Redtails
Carpet Python
multiple corns
MULTIPLE ATBs
Black and white Tegu...the croc roll and all...out of all of my bites, that one actually sucked..

BEST BITE EVER...adult biak chondro bit straight through the cartlidge in my ear a few weeks ago..i put a earring through it... haha still got the piercing...

Old 02-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #76
pgwdragons
Randomly... all the crested ive been working with lately decided to bite me yesterday so add that to my list.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #77
pythonjim
5foot lav retic. she got me about 4 days ago. she also tore my male tiger lav open the same night. never had a problem putting them together while I cleaned there cages. never again.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #78
Iguanachic
This will be fun! Most of these occured while I worked in a pet shop.

2 nile monitors( 1 was 7 inches, the other 4 1/2 feet-he grabbed my leg and tore it up pretty good)

A red tail got my thumb when a potential buyer got spooked and tossed him at me.

A baby alligator got me when an idiot at the shop put him in with baby soft shell turtles and I tried to intervene.

A tokay gecko got me and would not let go for almost 30 minutes.

Multiple anoles and baby beardies.

My female dumerils monitor thought I tasted like chicken.

A baby sav monitor at Petco.

Rhasta our 6 foot iggy chomped me a few times unintentionally.

A gold tegu, mangrove monitor, and an armadillo lizard as well.

Does a siamese cat count? I had a rescue siamese go postal on my arm. Left 8 scars. I've also been chewed on by rats, ferrets, mice, and a skunk.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #79
TMSreptiles
really i get bit only on ocassion
a few times by a 7ft red tail boa (the one on my butt hurt the most ;o)
a few times from a blue beauty rat snake which doesnt feel great but isnt of serious consiquence
once or twice by a blue tongue skink on the hand and it hurt a little and my hand made some weird crunchy noises (ew)
thats all
again i dont get bit alot

Old 06-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #80
gsrept
snakes mainly babies the bite that hurt the most was from my male bluetail monitor he used to tear the s#$% out of me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!