Bad Guy Daniel Nutwell - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #31
polasian
Quote:
Stephanie Jordan
www.neoreptiliac.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Stephanie Jordan
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2009 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: monitor

the people i got it from said it was a water, and i asked them quite a few times. nile's are illegal here in florida. and they're usually wider than that one
I read through this again, and I'm starting to think that no pet stores indiscretions are involved here. This is turning out to look like a scam. Daniel is familiar enough with Niles to know that they require permits in FL, yet he doesn't even know what they look like? Then he proceeds to tell Stephanie, in so many words, "your stuck with it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrociousOne View Post
shipping the animal out of the state is not breaking the law, where she lives the animal is legal. she has contacted FWC so when they contact me, i will inform them of the shop. i don't have a receipt though, i didn't get one cuz i've bought from them plenty, and trusted them. woops
Of course...no receipt...how silly of me to think that you might actually have some proof of this mysterious "pet store."

Quote:
i'm going to get things straightened out with the pet shop i purchased it from and with my laws. and FWC. i'm far more concerned with the repercussions of the state for having the Nile at this point in time.
No one cares what YOU are far more concerned with.....at this point in time.

Quote:
i understand that i should have gotten a receipt. as i said, i've sold, and bought animals from them for years, and just didn't bother getting one this time. i won't be purchasing from them again, and i will be speaking to the F.W.C. i also understand it's unlawful for her to ship back. but i won't be refunding anything untill i speak to an F.W.C. official. i'm going to speak to them about having her send the nile back but to the F.W.C. office so i can take care of the pet store. if they agree to that, i'll be refunding the full purchase price. if not, i'll refund a partial amount and keep the 25$ i paid for the animal.
Of course you understand that its unlawful for Stephanie to ship it back...that's how this game is played right? You send her a misrepresented animal that is illegal for her to send back. Then you offer a refund under the condition that she sends it back?!?!?!

Having said that, I'm not going to label you a scammer, Daniel...not yet anyway. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt....for now...

Lets say your story is true...
- You were sold a Nile labeled as a Water
- You received a handshake instead of a receipt
- Mommy wont let you give a refund until the pet store compensates you first

Now, Stephanie paid you $50 for a Water, not a Nile. You acknowledged that you sold a "Water" but you have been corrected and now agree that it is in fact a Nile. You say you paid $25 for it, Stephanie says she can find them for $19 a pop.

50 - 25 = $25 (your profit)
50 - 19 = $31 (Stephanies loss)

Daniel, before you even brush your teeth this morning, paypal Stephanie $31. At the end of the day that means you only lost $6 on your "water monitor investment." Big deal...after what you put Stephanie and Reeve through...the least you can do is agree that $19 is a fair price for a Nile.

As far as the $50 shipping. Stephanie has stated that, from personal experience as well as some additional research, it should have run you $30 to ship (Stephanie, I'm assuming you took into account the cost of packaging supplies) . I know I'm going out on a limb here...but do you, Daniel, happen to have a shipping receipt?...or did you and the UPS guy seal the deal with a high five? Providing a receipt will void any discrepancies with you overcharging for shipping. If you cant provide a shipping stub, then once you have finished brushing your teeth, paypal Stephanie another $20 to cover the inflated shipping price.

The above is the ABSOLUTE LEAST you can do!!! Stephanie purchased a $50 Water monitor but ended up with a $19 Nile. She could have went to her local pet shop and bought 2 Nile's for $40...and on her way back home, she could have stopped by a deli and bought a nice 18" long steak sandwich with the remaining $10. But again...all she got was a single Nile.

If you REALLY want to do the right thing, then you will give her every penny ($100) back and chalk it up as a lesson learned. If you do that, not only will you come out of this as a really stand up guy, but I will personally buy you a good "monitor" book. Then you can read it through and actually learn something about the animals that you enjoy.

Listen Daniel...I really DO want to give you the benefit of the doubt. Your next few posts will determine how this thread, and your name in the herp industry, will end up. If what you say is true, then the first thing you need to do is take care of Stephanie. Then come right back here and start posting info on this pet store. We will all do our best to help you in any way that we can, to ensure that you get compensation for that "water monitor." There are a lot of people on here who REALLY know what they are doing in situations like this. That pet store will take A LOT of heat for wronging you...we'll make sure of it! We'll do for you what we're now doing for Stephanie. You just have to be honest and give Stephanie what shes owed.

Once Stephanie posts that she has received a FULL refund ($100), then have your mother or father contact me about where to ship the book to. My email is Nick.Hrabowski@gmail.com

Old 12-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #32
AtrociousOne
refunded, and the name of the pet store is Aqua Pet's in Milton, FL. i'm not even positive if Nancy (the owner) knew what she was getting. She took this lizard in on a trade, and just had cataract surgery. so her vision isn't great. but i believed her being as monitors isn't really my thing. i'm a snake guy and wanted to get into lizards. so, like i said, refund sent, and lesson learned.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #33
AtrociousOne
also, 32$ was the actually shipping fee. i don't recall exactly what the supplies cost, but it was around 20$ for the box, foam, and heat pack and case. i didn't get it through SYR.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #34
polasian
Quote:
refunded, and the name of the pet store is Aqua Pet's in Milton, FL. i'm not even positive if Nancy (the owner) knew what she was getting. She took this lizard in on a trade, and just had cataract surgery. so her vision isn't great. but i believed her being as monitors isn't really my thing. i'm a snake guy and wanted to get into lizards. so, like i said, refund sent, and lesson learned.
Daniel...if this is true...then you have no clue how much respect I have for you right now!!! Reeve or Stephanie, can you please confirm this.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #35
AtrociousOne
Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Dec 20, 2009 Payment From Karl Jordan Refunded Details $100.00 USD -$3.20 USD $96.80 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Dec 30, 2009 Refund Completed Details -$100.00 USD $3.20 USD -$96.80 USD

Cancelled Fee
Total Amount:
$3.20 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
$3.20 USD

Date:
Dec 30, 2009
Time:
05:59:14 PST
Completed

Old 12-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #36
NeoReptiliac
Hi I just got up everyone. (Work the graveyard shift) I have the refund, thank you Daniel. I'm glad that all this is over with.

Although there is just a few small things that bother me. I'm out after I clear these up but I cant just leave it as it is with out saying it.
The shipping my wife complained about. He did not get materials through SYR but he did ship through them, she helped him set it up. He got the materials from a friend. So she didn't account them into the shipping price. The box was preused it seems as well. (parts of surface layer was pulled off in some areas.) and the monitor was shipped inside an actual pillow case.
And the other thing I would like to note since it has been brought into question. Daniel said he is raising and breeding Savannah monitors. When my wife spoke to him for the first time she asked why he was getting rid of the monitor. And he said "I work with mostly Savannahs so its just taking up room. It needs more attention then I can give to it considering I have 40 other animals to care for."

That's all I have left to say, thanks guys for your support and in helping me get the refund for my wife. I assured her we should sell the Nile locally and get her a Water as she wanted but she has got addicted to this little Nile. She named him Moody the Bipolar Nile. Caught her wearing dish gloves last night while she sat on the floor of the bathroom, with a bucket of warm soapy water and an old fingernail cleaning brush, scrubbing off stuck on shed from the monitor. Who seemed to like it, as it laid there with its eyes closed, looking asleep. lol

Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #37
AtrociousOne
i never said i breed sav's. that's a nearly impossible task. those are just the monitors i really know anything about is what i stated.the box itself was used, but the insulation and newspaper inside were not. and i didn't have a snake bag, so a pillow case sufficed.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #38
NeoReptiliac
A pillow case is not the same as a snake bag. When wadded up like it was in a box that's 7"x7"x6" , crammed full of shredded paper and a heat pack on top of the bag, that monitor could of easily suffocated. I'm surprised it didn't. Just remember that for future reference.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #39
AtrociousOne
will do. have a happy new year

Old 12-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #40
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Yes if this is all true then I could see when the mistake was made. But still seriously question the shop and the way it's being ran.

Good on you though for doing the right thing and refunding the money. I strongly suggest that if you're going to buy or sell monitors of any species you do your homework and research them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoReptiliac View Post
Hi I just got up everyone. (Work the graveyard shift) I have the refund, thank you Daniel. I'm glad that all this is over with.

Although there is just a few small things that bother me. I'm out after I clear these up but I cant just leave it as it is with out saying it.
The shipping my wife complained about. He did not get materials through SYR but he did ship through them, she helped him set it up. He got the materials from a friend. So she didn't account them into the shipping price. The box was preused it seems as well. (parts of surface layer was pulled off in some areas.) and the monitor was shipped inside an actual pillow case.
And the other thing I would like to note since it has been brought into question. Daniel said he is raising and breeding Savannah monitors. When my wife spoke to him for the first time she asked why he was getting rid of the monitor. And he said "I work with mostly Savannahs so its just taking up room. It needs more attention then I can give to it considering I have 40 other animals to care for."

That's all I have left to say, thanks guys for your support and in helping me get the refund for my wife. I assured her we should sell the Nile locally and get her a Water as she wanted but she has got addicted to this little Nile. She named him Moody the Bipolar Nile. Caught her wearing dish gloves last night while she sat on the floor of the bathroom, with a bucket of warm soapy water and an old fingernail cleaning brush, scrubbing off stuck on shed from the monitor. Who seemed to like it, as it laid there with its eyes closed, looking asleep. lol
Again glad it's all resolved!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!