Male Het Anery Not Eating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
matt233419
Exclamation Male Het Anery Not Eating

Hello everyone,

I have 4 hognoses (1 het anery, 2 double het for snow and 1 anaconda) the only one that is not eating is the het anery male who is about 24 grams. I got him January 6th at the Pomona Reptile show from LLL Reptile. Second day home he shed and pooped. I waited 5 days to try and feed and his passed on a f/t pinkie.

Since then I have tried about 2 twice a week to feed him and he has not taking anything. I would first trying using the tongs and all he does is hood and bluff me away. I tried leaving the pinkies in his 6 quart tub and tried putting him in a deli cup and he doesn't touch it.

I have tried scenting with a toad, salmon, tuna, sardines, I have tried live pinkies and braining a pinkie. He has not eaten anything.

He is in a 6 quart tub with a 92F hot spot and a 80 cool side. I am losing patience with him and almost ready to give him to someone who wants to try.

Any suggestions please.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
born2ride#56
You wanna sell him pm me.lol try scenting with diff scents one of my 2 albinos only eat pinks that are scented the rest eat like champs on none scented.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
born2ride#56
I just seen you did try scenting. Try a smaller tub or container mine only eat in deli cups. If I move them to fast into a 6qt they won't eat at all...

Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
chris bodner
Try raising hot end to 100. If you go to a show, try to pick up a couple small lizard species. Scleporus (Fence Lizard). 5 lined skink. Freeze them and try for scenting. Or if he hasn't eaten 14 days, brumate him for 6 weeks or so. Be getting spring like by then.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Radiantreefs
Have used silversides from saltwater department food section. Break off sliver of frozen fish, defrost, feed, then use for scenting next time.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
jhh273
scenting

I have had some success using the white of a boiled egg. Left overnight they usually will eat it and you may have them started or you mave have to feed food scented with the egg white if that works at all. For a while.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
Austin-12
Did Male Het Anery ever eat? Update?

Old 05-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
matt233419
Yes our het anery finally started eating. Found that it wanted fuzzies scented with lizard.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #9
EDGARFL
I scented some pinkies with Tuna and it got them started. I put them up in front of them and they immediatly took them. They are now eating unscented small mice.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #10
Kingofspades
Hard boiled egg? Really?

That is kinda cool

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
hognose, snake