Name this morph! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #51
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
I have seen some really colorful ghosts, almost had a silver and purple one. Too bad he showed up DOA. And actually looking at her medallions makes me wanna say visual ghost, but The pinks refute ghost. I may be going on a limb here but once upon a time I swear I heard something of a "toffee" ghost line of boas.

Also if u breed an anery to her first u'll also have ur hypo answer in the same clutch. If 50% of them have the hourglasses and known hypo colorings. If she isnt a ghost then Id love to see one of her ghost offspring. In fact keep me in touch about this as I have been looking for a ghost even slightly as pretty as the one that showed up to me DOA.

Oh and the reason im so into this thread is because ghost boas are hands down my favorite herp of all time.
You're right, I wasn't thinking with the Anery breeding. That's a big duuuuuh. I was just too focused on Anery here.

I'm not super worried about what she is other then for breeding purposes. I bought her because she's pretty. I can't say I've ever seen anything like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I still can't tell. Looks like a ghost more or less on the body, then you get to that tail and it goes down hill. I still swear I see color, albeit faded color, when you get down toward the tail. Color that shouldn't be on an Anery.

Try a different background, like black, or add some fake floral greens, maybe that will balance the color out better. (if it's a camera thing)

Did a little shed maybe stick to her head? Just has that rough look to it.
I'll work on getting something black to place her on for photos this week. Raining today so poster paper is out of the question.

Here head does feel rough, but I'm not sure if it's abnormal scales or a stuck shed. Their are no shed edges visible. I'll give her another bath and watch it.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #52
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
She came from Tim's selectively bred Ivory project and was purchased with the grey and toffee coloring, it's not something that developed over time. If she is not homozygous Anery, she is definitely heterozygous Anery.
Ok, so I think the issue is the term IVORY, because the only time I ever saw Ivory used was in describing high white selective bred (J. Ronne) Ivory Aneries, so when I see Ivory, I think of a visual anery. I believe you have a grasp of it here with the sentances above, it's a beautiful pastel (ivory line) hypo het anery. It deff. looks like a hypo. I know this was already mentioned, but just saying it again: If you breed to a normal, you'll get 1/2 hypos and 1/2 normals which is the easiest way to prove the hypo part, if bred to another hypo, you should get 75% poss super hypos and 25% normals. (that 75% is actually 25% supers and 50% hypos, but since there's no for sure way to tell the supers from the normal hypos hense 'poss super hypo').

Anery boas should not be showing pinks, oranges or reds. Some tans show up as they age because of the yellow pigment. I wish I had a better pic to share, but this is my young anery. He never has pinks on his sides, where it would be pink it is just white. I need to get newer pics of him, he's grown since these were taken

he looks a little tan in this pic due to lighting

Anyways, she's a pretty gal and I'm still looking forward to more pics.
-April

Old 12-04-2010, 02:28 AM   #53
natieb
She's a good looking hypo. From the eyes, she's probably het for something. It sounds like she's from an anery breeding, so my guess is DH ghost.

There's a misconception that "Ivory" means any pastel anery. In fact, it can only be called an Ivory if it came from Jeff Ronne's Ivory line.

Here's an Ivory anery from Jeff for reference:

Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #54
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by natieb View Post
She's a good looking hypo. From the eyes, she's probably het for something. It sounds like she's from an anery breeding, so my guess is DH ghost.

There's a misconception that "Ivory" means any pastel anery. In fact, it can only be called an Ivory if it came from Jeff Ronne's Ivory line.

Here's an Ivory anery from Jeff for reference:

That is one heck of an Ivory. Yours?

Old 12-04-2010, 02:40 AM   #55
natieb
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
That is one heck of an Ivory. Yours?
He belongs to my roommate, but at least I get to look at him every day

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!