sunglow genetics question - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #11
Paul Kent
Co- dom genes dont work like that.

Not trying to sound like I know everything (because I dont). Heres a great link for these type of questions.

http://www.mgreptiles.com/BoaMorphs.html

Old 02-16-2007, 09:22 AM   #12
ericfire
sorry bud but its been discussed here before and a hypo is not a true codominant gene
because the super form of hypo is not visual different than the normal hypo.
A version of a true codominant gene would be the motely .
because when you create a super motely you get a distinctly different looking snake
im sure with some in depth reading or experience in this matter you will find it to be true
no insult implied but it has already been discussed here and explained by an experienced genetics guy
sorry bud, i hate proving you wrong but i wouldn't want you to be disapointed when you get a normal in your hypo +hypo breeding
Eric

Old 02-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #13
Paul Kent
Well we'll just have to agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericfire
if i breed sunglow to albino do i get all albino and sunglow or do i get some normals in there somewhere
With all due respect, if you already know the answer, why do you ask the question?

Old 02-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #14
ericfire
i had asked the question to prove a buddy wrong
sorry i should have said that in the first place
but i already knew the asnwer

and good luck with your breeding ,but i would bank on your info if i were you
just a little advice
denial aint just a river in egypt
lol
sorry i shouldnt joke

Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #15
Paul Kent
Out of pure curiousity, do you have a link to the discussion where this "experienced geneticist" was?

I'd like to see where your getting your conclusions...and arragance for that matter.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #16
ericfire
sorry if i sounded bad but
the info is in here in the discussion forum
so if you are going to resort to name calling find it yourself or maybe when the moderators read this they will step in and point you in the right direction
i was just trying to help bud
Eric

Old 02-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #17
Paul Kent
There are ways to get your point across without being ass about it, and thats not on one them.

Like I said we'll have to agree to disagree......

Old 02-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #18
ericfire
ok here is the thread ,this should help(red pastel hypo anyone heard of one)
and im sure if you write this forum moderator laura cox she will give you the link to the genetics page since she helped in researching and writing it along with alot of other highly respected people

contacting will help you out
talk to you later bud
Eric

Old 02-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #19
Paul Kent
Thats all I was asking for. Like I said, I know a good amount about the subject, but not everything. And if theres something out there being discussed, Id like to read it and form my own conclusions.

And the name is Paul....not Bud.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #20
ericfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpman081
There are ways to get your point across without being ass about it, and thats not on one them.

Like I said we'll have to agree to disagree......
very well said ,we should be civilized and refrain from infantile name calling and insulting language like calling someone arrogant for no reason
it was nice talking to you bud.
Eric

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!