What are your thoughts? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
RGreen454ss
What are your thoughts?

This is from PMs on another Forum about a possible misrepresented Male Het. Piebald that I purchased from what I thought was a credible forum member. The names and website has been deleted and are represented of who they are in the mix in parentheses. That is all that has been edited.
The reason I am posting this here is because he is now selling another male Het. Pied on this forum and my gut tells me this is the one that should have been sold to me or possibly another scam. I figured this is the best place to get advice from.

(Seller Ex-GF) 10 Nov 2007 @ 1918

Just to give u a heads up, Boo Boo is not a Bob Clark nor is he a pied ball python, he is just a plain old ball python. I have the picks as well. He gave the actual one to his girlfriend. that was my grandsons snake i got from my a person my son in law worked with. I am pretty sure you can find out from a vet or someone like Bob Clark himself.

Me 12 Nov 2007 @ 1259

Why would (Seller) do that?

(Seller Ex-GF) 12 Nov 2007 @ 1316

If you go on to his site (Seller Website) you will see that Boo Boo has been with us since Feb of this year. It has a date on the picture. He thought no one would find out. As i said before he gave the original het to his girlfriend right after you picked up Boo Boo. The original Het was only a few weeks old. He deleted the pic of him off of here before he did it. I found the file marked fake with Boo Boos picture on it. He also had named it Lucious.

Me 12 Nov 2007 @ 1325

Thank you for telling me....Thankfully I'm only out $150 and a few feedings. Does he know your telling me this info and why now are telling me? Thank you again you saved me at least a year if I did breed him to my het female. She will be able to breed for me the begining of next year. Does any other members here know about the transaction

(Seller Ex-GF) 12 Nov 2007 @ 1334

he was pissed and i did try to find out who bought him a few weeks ago. he said that i needed to stop or my life was going to be hell but i guess i contacted the wrong person at first and he ran back to (Seller). thats how he found out what i had done. and yes a few people know but not sure of exactly who.. one of them was (Seller Friend), but he will deny it and run and tell (Seller) as well. and his girlfriend by the name of (Current GF) is now on here and she is the one who got the het.

Me 12 Nov 2007 @ 1345

Would you mind if I posted the information you gave me on the forum? If you do its not a big deal and the info you have provided me has saved sooo much time.

This is the sellers response when I contacted him via PM

Me 13 Nov 2007 @ 0025

Whats the deal with the Ball Python you sold me?

(Seller) 13 Nov 2007 @ 0035

Is he OK? Whats up?

Me 13 Nov 2007 @ 0038

I just got word he is not a het. pied

(Seller) 13 Nov 2007 @ 0042

OMG I now know what you are referring to.....I read you lil saying on the post. hahahahaha she just doesn't give up. (Ex-GF) aka (Ex-GF Nickname) is my ex that I freaking broke up with a few months ago and now her and possibly (Forum Member) are trying to ruin my rep with people on here. She is striking every place she can. You are not the first person she has said this to....yet you are the only one I sold a 100% het pied to. Let me find the other person that she said this to whom I never sold anything to. I would think my rep on here goes a lot further than her games. I am about to forward this to (Forum Admin.) as well along with any emails you have from her or (Forum Member) and request a ban. Our personal life does not need to carry everywhere I go....although she would love that.

(Seller Signature)

(Seller) 13 Nov 2007 @ 0059

I am pretty sure it was (Forum Member) that she contacted the first time....message him and find out

Me 13 Nov 2007 @ 0050

I asked her why she was just now telling me and she stated that she had contacted the wrong person...I went back to the topic when you first purchased him and had a pic with him and the recipt but it was deleted. Do you still have that pic so I can put my mind at ease? I'm not really sure what is going on. I just don't want to take any chances

(Seller) 13 Nov 2007 @ 0056

unfortunetly I do not....go figure all that shoot was or is on her puter....I do not live there anymore....I don't know what else to tell you or how to prove it...I swore I emailed you the pics....I thought I even showed/gave you the reciept with him

Me 13 Nov 2007 @ 0100

All I had were the pics on the forum to go by....I didnt think to varify his identity with the pic on the forum...I'll know next time

(Seller) 13 Nov 2007 @ 0102

well the doubt is already set in your head...she wins. Wish I could set your mind at ease. I would appreciate any and all messages from her to you so I may forward them to (Forum Admin.)....thank you.

(Seller Signature)

Thanks for any help and or advice on what I should do next

Old 01-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
Cat_72
If the seller purchased the animal from Bob Clark, he should have had the photo ID of the animal from Bob Clark as proof. Assuming he did not give you this (I see he says "I thought I showed you/gave you the receipt", have you requested he provide this to you?

Have you tried contacting Bob Clark to see if he kept a photo record of the het he sold this man, or if he even did sell him one?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:49 AM   #3
RGreen454ss
The seller bought him at a reptile show....I saw the date on the recipt and it does match the show dates but picture on the forum was removed when I went to ID the BP. Also, of all the photos the seller posted the one with the recipt was the only one deleted.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
Cat_72
I'm not sure what to tell you. It all does seem a bit fishy, but then ex-gf's can be pretty evil sometimes too....LOL.

Have you done a BOI search on this guy, to see if that can give you any input?

Old 01-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #5
RGreen454ss
Yes I have and theres nothing there on him. His main operation is reptile rescue and I don't want to hurt that aspect of him

Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 AM   #6
Cat_72
The search feature on this site can be a bit finicky sometimes. Making a simple inquiry post on the guy will do no harm. Perhaps you can get some information that will assist you either way.

I don't know if he will be able to help you at all or not, but you could give a shot at contacting Bob Clark as well....he may be able to at least tell you if he's even sold the man an animal.

If he says the ex has all of the pics and such on her computer, have you tried asking her if she's still got any of it? Since she contacted you, you'd think she'd be more than happy to supply you with this stuff if she indeed has it. She also said the het was only a few weeks old, I believe....how old was the animal you were supposed to be purchasing, and was the animal you received of comparable size?

Regardless of whether or not he does reptile rescue, if he's purposely ripping people off selling fake hets, he needs to be outed. It may be difficult to prove without more facts, however.....breeding him may be the only way to know for certain in the long run.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #7
RGreen454ss
I'll check with Bob and see if he can help even though I feel kinda bad about not buying directly from him. I'll also check with the Ex for anymore information....The animal I recieved was about 500+gr when I recieved him so I am sure he was not a few weeks old. He did not know the age when I went to pick him up last Aug.

Another thing that makes me think this guy is a flake is because the Ex contacted another Forum Member and this Forum Member told the Seller 2 weeks before the Ex contacted me. Now, if the Seller was legit wouldn't he have come to me about the situation? I know I would if I was faced with a womans scorn.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!