Patience is a virtue... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 02:20 AM   #41
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Soaking seems to help with turds at times. It's about almost the same isn't it?
That's exactly along the lines of my thinking as well. So... I have her in a soaking tub with a heating pad and will hope that helps her pass what is left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post
Do you have a reputable herp vet that may be able to come to you? do you have a fetal doppler?
I do not have a fetal doppler. I do have a terrific vet close by that is currently treating a sick boa I have... he's quite pricey and the last vet visit for my other boa wiped out my savings. If I have to I will find a way, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Thanks everyone that has offered advice and support and just followed along with the drama.

Onto brighter things for the time being.. here is the little baby. So far, she's had this one baby and 6 eggiwegs (slugs). This little one looks like it's ready for a meal already!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:25 AM   #42
kmrkvicka
what a gorgeous baby!! good luck with mama, sending good vibes your way

Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #43
SnakeEyesExotics
Aw April, the little guy is gorgeous! I hope that mama is able to pass the rest of the babies or slugs out. I am keeping you in my thoughts .

Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #44
TheFragginDragon
Fingers are crossed April, that one baby you've got so far is a stunner!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #45
AbsoluteApril
thanks guys! Yeah, I think this little one is pretty cute too! Really takes after mom instead of dad.

She had a 6 hr soak (I was up and checking on her every 2hrs) and she did pass a small amount of feces. The mass you can see in the pic straining at her vent has moved back up where it was before.. talk about weird!

On the other forum someone is going through the exact same thing and their vet did ultrasound which showed alive babies still in his girl... so I'm just hoping she dropped these slugs and one baby a little early and there's more to come.

When I put her back in the cage, she was fine and didn't seem distressed at all. I'll give her some time and hopefully the rest will come out when she's ready. If she starts to seem like she's going downhill I'll take her into the vet. I'll post an update when I have one.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #46
crotalusadamanteus
Also along the line of turds, you know how they say don't give them normal size meals further into gestation because they may defecate and shoot out a premie. Think in this case a normal meal, if she took it, might help?

Just something that popped into my head this morning when I read your post.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 AM   #47
AbsoluteApril
She ate a small rat with gusto.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #48
AbsoluteApril
She's in labor again, so far another slug has been passed. I'll post an update when she's done.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #49
Miss Tuniwha
Geeez. I will be checking this in the am.. hoping for better news..

I am glad you got one, healthy looker so far hun

*sends good, baby passing thoughts*

Old 06-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #50
kmrkvicka
Still sending good vibes your way. I have a fetal doppler and gel, and wish there was a way to get it to you right away

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!