Patience is a virtue... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #51
Utta
Hope alls well April "no news is good news"?

Old 06-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #52
Miss Tuniwha
GIRL.. you better hope that you are just sleeping in.. cuz I told you I would check.. and here I am.. and now I have to go to work for 9 hours..

If there isn't an update.. when I get home..

Ima come whoop some rear end.. (and not in the fun way)

lol

Hope to see some happy news when I get home!!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #53
AbsoluteApril
there was no change when I went to bed last night (sorry Brandi!). No change this AM either, she passed only the one more slug. Appears to still have something in there, not sure, but she's not straining. Talked to one of my local boa friends who might be able to come over with ultrasound later this weekend.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #54
kmrkvicka
oh April, I'm so sorry.... I know what you've been going through with Cinnamon, and now this... I can't imagine how stressed you are, cause I'm stressed over this mama, and she's not even mine. PM me if you want my number just to vent or something, k?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #55
Helenthereef
Wish I could help with birthing advice (give her a good strong gin?) but did think about your shining lights problem - I know turtles can't see red light, so maybe snakes can't either - if so, putting a red piece of plastic or crepe paper over your flashlight would make it easier to look in without disturbing her.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #56
SnakeEyesExotics
Any new updates, April?

Old 07-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #57
AbsoluteApril
no update, nothing's changed. Timing didn't work out for my friend to come over with this ultrasound. Since she ate last week, I'm waiting to see if her BM will help get the rest of the slugs moving out. She passed urates yesterday and will be getting another overnight soak tonight.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #58
crotalusadamanteus
Have you tried just putting a soaking tub into her viv, rather then a forced soak?

Sure hope it all goes well for her and you. Good luck.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #59
Utta
Hope she's ok.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #60
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Have you tried just putting a soaking tub into her viv, rather then a forced soak?
No, I have not tried that... but you know what? I think that sounds like a good idea, the less stress, the better. I will give her a tub in the cage tonight and if she doesn't soak, then I'll put her in a tub tomorrow during the day. I've been misting her 1 or 2 times a day and she seems to appreciate it (instead of trying to run from the water like she normally would).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!