Name this morph! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
An Anerythristic animal, pastel or not, shouldn't be producing any pinks, oranges or reds. I understood the Ivory's were Anery Pastel, and the one I saw was definitely Anery.
Yes, those are my thoughts as well. Which is why I'm thoroughly confused. Their is no way she's a straight Hypo due to what she looks like when she's in a good mood (the ghostly grey I mentioned). The next to the last photo on the bottom of this website, she gets a bit lighter then that. I'm really going to have to try and snap a decent photo.

Obviously the only thing I can do is raise her up and breed her, but I thought I could get some identification help. I drastically reduced my Boa collection when I become pregnant with my son (I still have my banana baby, Gracie! ), so the only male I have for her is my Hypo.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
TripleMoonsExotic
Hold on...Googled Ghost Boa Constrictor...

VPI's Ghosts have pinks/oranges? In fact, that snake there is darker then mine. Perhaps it's a Pastel Ghost?

Old 11-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #13
crotalusadamanteus
The pics in that link are obvious Anerys. Is it just the pics, or does yours actually have color?

Old 11-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
Well, since I took those photos and until now her eyes went blue, so those aren't the best comparison photos. After she sheds I'll take a photo. Her tail bands are definitely brown as opposed to grey, but it's a very, very muted brown...

Old 11-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #15
crotalusadamanteus
Brown mixed with yellow can seem sorta like orange-ish. Maybe it's just the pictures, and going into shed that I'm seeing.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #16
TripleMoonsExotic
Could be a mix of that and my crappy photos. Someone got a hold of my camera and was messing with the settings and I haven't figured out how to revert it back to factory settings.

I'll work on getting my camera situated while we wait for her to shed...

Old 11-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #17
garweft
I have a hard time believing that that animal is anery at all. Did you buy it as a baby or recently?

Only reason I ask is because I have had hypo pastels and pastels that look very much anery or ghost as a baby but lose the look after a short while. For that matter I have had normals do the same, I just knew their was little to no chance of them being anery so no errors were made. Had the clutch been something that should have thrown anery I could see errors being made with animals like that.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #18
garweft
It's even got the whiteside thing that most ghosts have going on..... I was thinking ghost in the first picture posted but the tail just seems to have too much "orange" color going on. Maybe it's just the lighting and shed cycle??

I'm tired and thinking out loud now so I should stop....lol

Old 11-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #19
Randall Turner
My initial gut reaction was ghost when I opened the thread. NOW to throw a little curve. She could just be a pale hypo het anery, as the het aneries often carry that yellow tinge over (the first few years of DH ghosts can show that really well). I'll stick with my initial gut reaction though and say a ghost.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #20
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Did you buy it as a baby or recently?
She was purchased over a month ago.

I promise to take post-shed photos. Hopefully that'll help with identification.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!