Name this morph! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #31
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3
Does she have any pinks or oranges at all on her body?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
You didn't need to say that she had oranges and other colors, it is obvious from the pictures that she has orange in her tail. She is most certainly a hypo, no question about that.
No, she has no orange what-so-ever on her. Her tail is toffee brown, not orange. She has a bit of light peachy-pink on her sides above all that lightness on her sides when she's in shed or in a "dark phase", but that's it.

Quote:
And after seeing her next to ur hypo boy theres no way to doubt shes a hypo, she has less black and less freckles than he does
Yes, this is also a signature of a Pastel, in addition to the pinks and muted browns. Pastels have very, very little black...Most of which is actually greys or browns.

Quote:
If Tim produced her, why dont u ask him to comment on here?
He states she is an Ivory. What more do you want him to say?

Keep in mind these are photos of her in shed. Still having issues with lighting. For reference, she's actually on top of a crisp white freezer.

Name:  side-pattern.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  142.5 KB
This is her left side showing the high white sides and toffee coloring. You can see a little bit of the peachy-pink patches that appear in between the white and the darker dorsal coloring.

Name:  tail-pattern.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  92.5 KB
This is her tail showing again, the toffee coloring.

I've never seen a Hypo look like this one if in fact that is all she is (which I doubt). Pastel combos are not something that is easy to research, so I can't even find many reference photos of Ivorys, Hypo Pastels or Pastel Ghosts.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #32
rcpreis3
I myself have been working with pastels and those are the only boas I have atm. But there is no way that u can tell me that pastel has less black then most super hypos Ive seen and not contain a hypo gene. She even has a typical hypo/salmon pattern.

If it has pinks on it no matter how little, even if its one scale, Its not an Ivory. All an Ivory is, is a pastel anery. It may be a pastel het anery, but any shades of red means it is not a visual anery.

pastel hypo 100% het ghost? <--- thats where my monies at

New line of pastel that looks better than most hypos I've seen and exhibits the same changes in pattern that the salmon gene does? <--- possible but I highly doubt it

Here is a pic of a poss super hypo 100% het ghost that I once owned.

Pic is from Jimi Reed and was what he sent me when I inquired about her.

She was loaded with orange but when in her dark phase she looked toffee colored and the older she got the more she started to brown out. But nonetheless loaded with orange.

Here is my pastel I've had for years

When I bought her, I bought her as a super salmon because 1% of her body had black on it, just the bands under her eyes. When I got her I was fresh to the herp world and she was my first snake. Didnt know to check the pattern for the salmon look. But as she got older the black literally started to bleed out, but Ive put her side by side with normal boas and she looks nuthin like them. A, by latin definition, Hypomelanistic boa.

But by no means is she confirmed to be genetic, or related to any salmon or orange tail lines around. And I doubt she is.

If u look at my pastel and then ur boa in question, I doubt yours will bleed out the black like mine did. If u compare the pattern of my het ghost to ur questionable, while they maybe different shades, ull see they are very similar.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #33
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
But there is no way that u can tell me that pastel has less black then most super hypos Ive seen and not contain a hypo gene.
No, I didn't say that exactly. No one was talking about supers in the least. What I said is their is no way she is just a Hypo if in fact their is Hypo at all. I have had a Pastel that had less black them my Hypo. He looks more of a Pastel then what you posted does. I also have had Normals het Stripe that have had less black then a Hypo, but they're still Normals. I'm telling you though, they're insistent that no Hypo is in the line.

Is your screen calibration off? None of what you posted is even a smidgen close to what this female looks like.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #34
rcpreis3
Im saying that the hypo I posted shares the same pattern and looks just like urs if urs was more orange, but ur is toffe not orange. Kinda like how a black kid and a brown kid are different skin tones but still from African ancestory. That was the point I was trying to make.

The comment on the supers came from me and I was stating I dont think I've ever seen a pastel with less black than a super hypo, as ur looks to have. I was using supers as a comparison in the reduction of black.

The pastel I posted has some black that bled out later. I dont remember what year urs was but comparing to to the holiday tag on ur freezer Id guess shes an 09. Im saying I highly doubt urs will bleed out and I havent seen a pastel that didnt end up looking like mine. If u got one that 3 years old and looking better than mine by all means more power to u. But Im just naming that morph from what I see and what I know from my expirience.

Shes still a nice looking snake either way, and once u breed her lemme know how her offspring turn out.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #35
JCCS
Robert is right, that is not an ivory boa, atleast the commonly accepted form of ivory boa, which is the only boas I have heard called that. Robert is also correct in that your boa is a hypo, without a doubt. I hate that the person that you bought the snake from misled you, but this is the time to accept the facts. If you don't want to, this will be the last you hear from me, because I really don't like beating a dead horse.

Chris

Old 11-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #36
crotalusadamanteus
Lets give the animal a chance to shed. It's possible the pictures are just off a bit color wise. Stef never said there were pinks or oranges, that was an assessment we made by the pictures.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #37
mikeyt
I am going to say pastel hypo het ghost is a safe bet as well, and I only say that because I see special K at alot of the shows and I vaguely remember at a Hamburg show a good while back seeing a snake that looked alot like that in one of his towers, underneath a snake I was looking at.

It is quite possible that the tower was mis-labled, I cant say I payed much attention to it. It is also possible that when/if the person contacted Special K about identification, one or the other may have gotten confused on the description.

Either way, IMO, it is a nice looking animal that should produce some nice looking offspring. As long as you didnt get ripped on price (more then say $250 or so), I think you did ok. Breed it and have some fun with it

Old 11-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #38
rcpreis3
Actually Richard she did say there was no orange, but a few pink highlights along the lateral pattern.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #39
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Im saying that the hypo I posted shares the same pattern and looks just like urs if urs was more orange, but ur is toffe not orange. Kinda like how a black kid and a brown kid are different skin tones but still from African ancestory. That was the point I was trying to make.
I understand now. You're focusing on the pattern whilst I'm looking at the colors. The toffee coloring made me think she was a Pastel Ghost instead of an Ivory, thus my post here.

Quote:
I dont remember what year urs was but comparing to to the holiday tag on ur freezer Id guess shes an 09.
An '08 if I remember correctly. She was slow grown. I got her in September, I think? She'll be as fat as my Hypo in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
Lets give the animal a chance to shed. It's possible the pictures are just off a bit color wise. Stef never said there were pinks or oranges, that was an assessment we made by the pictures.
Yes, yes. Please do. This snake is all but white when out of shed and in a "good" mood (if you could ever say she has a good mood, she's awfully feisty). She does have a tiny bit of peach-pink, very light, that appears a bit on her sides when in shed or in her "dark phase". It's really insane how different she can look from day to day. One day she's nearly white, the next she's more brown. Hopefully she sheds soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt
I am going to say pastel hypo het ghost is a safe bet as well, and I only say that because I see special K at alot of the shows and I vaguely remember at a Hamburg show a good while back seeing a snake that looked alot like that in one of his towers, underneath a snake I was looking at.
She's been on Joe's (JNT) table the last 6 months or so. I've been staring at her every ECRSE show and I finally caved at the last Lancaster. From what I understand, this is a line Special K has been working with for a very long time. I don't think Joe would have misunderstood, not with nearly 20 years experience. Do you plan on being at Reading? I wouldn't mind bringing her along for you to get a first hand look at her.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #40
garweft
Just wanted to throw out 2 pics of a hypo x pastel litter I had this year. There was no anery involved in the pairing, but a few could be confused for anery. Not saying its not an anery, but when going thru a litter some animals might look like one thing but be something else.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!