Kansas state law issues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 07-23-2003, 12:57 AM   #1
Adamanteus
Kansas state law issues

State Homepage - http://www.accesskansas.org/

State Legislature - http://www.kslegislature.org/

State Statutes/Code - http://www.kslegislature.org/cgi-bin/statutes/index.cgi

Old 11-21-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
areptileguy
Possible Kansas state ban

It is still quite early (the bill does not have a # yet). From what I've heard, the meeting will take place Jan. 22, 2005. I want all of you KA herpers to stay tuned to the legislature website.
http://www.kslegislature.org/

Old 11-28-2004, 09:24 PM   #3
old guy
This is stemmed from exotic feline

people/keepers. I have no problem with these exotic cat folks but they are being looked at in several states and causing other exotics to be thrown in on regulations and regulating. This supposedly is including reptiles at this time in Kansas and part of the registering of large constrictors and venomous in my last home state of Missouri. I am in contact with several groups to discuss the what if in Kansas. So far there is only a mentioning of reptiles. So far there is only mentioning of bans of exotics. There is always the play or ploy to not have this even before the state congress to pass. The wildlife agency better word this to the exact if it comes to pass because when you talk of exotics, you are talking : hamsters, gerbils, all tropical fish including goldfish, almost all parrots and parrakeets not to mention domestic exotics ( non-native ) because this would also include : horse, pig, cow, etc. RIGHT?.............

Old 12-11-2004, 09:08 AM   #4
Randy T.
Have you heard anything else regarding this subject? I live in KS and I will gladly donate some time to help where I can..

Old 12-11-2004, 11:30 AM   #5
old guy
At this time there seems to be

more definition of possible venomous and possibly large boids/pythons but this is not even clear. I was told that a ban is about the last thing the wildlife would want but not out of the question. Someone is trying to convince some of us it is a total ban and or more regulation. I have noted to several reptile people that maybe the reptile part should be addressed as a seperate situation and maybe not include ourselves with the other exotics keepers. I have been sent a lot of agendas and it is really hard to digest the reptile part of it let alone the species that it might involve. There are a bunch of meetings coming up on the wildlife dept. in a lot of cities. At best it could be a blanket situation of ALL exotics but I would bet it couldn't or wouldn't be done. Just looking at the situation of trying to enforce a scenario: > how many reptile keepers are in Kansas compared to exotic feline, primate, bears, and etc. Being reptiles are kept in normally coinfined cages of small size and not outdoors..........Also I was told if this goes into effect and this is somewhat of a " hidden agenda " to the general keeping public , ( and it seems this might be ), there is more CLOUT we can apply even after passing. I'm just looking and listening at this time with the help of NAROA. There is one very hard fallback though, I'm told that there are some other states looking to the way these proposals are handled and or passed. I'll try to keep us informed of information when it becomes available

Old 12-12-2004, 01:02 AM   #6
Randy T.
Thanks for the updated information. I'll follow this thread closely to keep abreast of any new information.

Old 12-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
old guy
Does anybody know if the proposals of

Kansas on venomous is going through by Jan-Feb of 2006 ?

Old 05-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
old guy
SB has passed in Kansas but not ban as

perceived before. BUT with regulations that are hard to maybe too hard to comply with. Not with much grace period. Either you conform/comply or you are in violation. Bill requires USDA regulations and to register venomous with local animal authority. AND with the provision to carry $250,000 liability insurance. Does anybody want me to vent on any of the above ? I did on a state wildlife law enforcement agent/officer of my annoyance and stipulation/s of this bill passing and why > ? But I was nice and he was nice on the conversation.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
mikeandkellie
can anybody provide an update did this bill pass and what is it's KAR #

Old 11-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
mikeandkellie
did some checking

KSA-32-1302 article 13 and KSA-32-1306 cover venomous reptiles in kansas.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!