New Jersey state law issues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:48 PM   #1
WebSlave
New Jersey state law issues

Quote:
The State of New Jersey has proposed some reasonable rules as minimum standards for humane treatment of livestock in NJ. Some radical animal rights groups have organized a write-in campaign to convince the authorities that the proposed rules should be much more stringent. I call on you to email the State of New Jersey with the message that they have done an admirable job dealing with an emotional issue and that the proposed rules are reasonable and should stand as proposed. As a Floridian I have experienced the power of the animal rights activists with the passage of a constitutional amendments that were driven by emotion and not based on animal husbandry. Your voice of reason is needed to counteract the emotional cries of the animal rights extremists.

Please send your email to< nancy.halpern@ag.state.nj.us> supporting their proposed regulations.

Thanks,
Wayne Hill, Director
National Reptile Breeders Expo

Old 07-23-2003, 07:24 PM   #2
Adamanteus
New Jersey State Links

State Homepage - http://www.state.nj.us/

State Legislature - http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/

State Statutes/Code - http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/

Old 04-03-2004, 01:53 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
Heads up to NJ residents

I was reading an article on an abandoned retic found in NJ. The article can be read here http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey...9483221740.xml

What caught my attention though was some comments made by Bill Boesenberg, a rehabber in NJ.
I'll excerpt his part of the article here:

Quote:
"I'm working on something now with the (state) Division of Fish and Wildlife to hopefully stop people from buying all pythons -- to classify them as dangerous animals," said Boesenberg.
The NJ herpers might want to find out exactly what it is he claims to be working on with the state. A complete ban on all pythons is completely unacceptable and if that is indeed what he is attempting to do, then he needs the entire NJ herp community to come out against him.
There's only four species of python that could possibly be comsidered dangerous. To try to qualify balls, children's, or such as dangerous is just ignorance at it's highest.

I did some more searching and came up with his website, http://snakes-n-scales.com/
His email and phone number are on the main page of that site.

I don't know anything about him, but if he is quoted accurately in that article, his agenda needs to be stopped and quickly before it gains a foothold in the state legislature.

Old 04-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #4
Randy T.
I emailed the guy through the website you provided, I am hoping to get some sort of response. Negative or positive.

Here is a copy of the email I sent to him

Hello, let me first start by introducing myself. My name is Randall L Turner Jr, and I am a keeper of various reptiles.

Do not take this as an attack or anything negative, as I am simply interested in finding out the connection if any to you and the article, and the quote that they site by you (if you are the same Mr Boesenberg they quote).

I was curious as to what legal action you are seeking to work within the state legislature of New Jersey regarding the keeping/ownership of pythons. Also I was wondering what form of factual based evidence you will be using for your submission of the proposal. Thank you for your time, I understand you are probably a busy person. I would appreciate a response of some kind regardless of the answer, as it will be shared with many of the members of the herping community.

Randall L Turner Jr
email at randysherps@hotmail.com
www.aircapitalconstrictors.com

I kind of doubt I will receive a response, but if I didn't email him I wouldn't know..lol

Later

Old 04-14-2004, 01:43 PM   #5
ms_terese
Randy,

There is another thread on this HERE that shows some of the follow up from Bill Boesenberg on the issue.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:49 PM   #6
Mark Allen
Diamond back terrapins

Isn't selling wild caught diamondback terrapins in New Jersey illegal as they are a native species?

As I recall, it's basically illegal to own native turtles much less sell them in NJ.

There's a gal on Kingsnake from NJ selling medium sized diamondbacks at a good price. At that price (5 for $100 or 20 each for $350), my guess is they've been poached and are not CB animals.

Mark Allen

Old 04-20-2004, 06:33 PM   #7
ExoticPetsWS
Yep...

"The collection or sale of any species of turtles in the state of New Jersey is illegal" (taken from the New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife application book). All turtles are ban for sale (no sales within the state or from out of state and shipped into the state) by the NJ Department of Health.

This is my understanding only...Best to call NJ Fish & Wildlife Law Enforcement office at 609-259-2120

Good Luck!

Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 PM   #9
Logan Skinner
diamond back terrapins

does any one knowthe legalities of these guys for Fla.??????????

Old 12-08-2005, 09:28 PM   #10
nicolai
I am considering getting into indigos and cribos (real good offer from someone) but am not sure of thier status in NJ. I know that the eastern indigo is a no-no but what about all the rest. I checked the state web site but it only lists the non-permit required animals not a specific list of whats not allowed and what needs a special permit in order to keep. thanks ahead of time for any help on this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!