Pip, The Dwarf Colombian - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2005, 08:22 AM   #21
Ginger Ambrose
Wow

Amazing. It is incredible the things that nature can provide.
Pip, is just a darling looking little guy.
Hope he and Lucille are happy and fruitful.

Ginger Ambrose

Old 05-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #22
harrellharrell
Wow!

This is SO EXCITING!!! I cannot wait for this project to prove out! I haven't been this excited about a boa project that wasn't my own since, well I don't think, ever!
Definitely keep us updated on it, Mike. A+ Potential. We've definitely needed a new boa morph of this caliber for a while.
Anthony

Old 05-27-2005, 03:24 PM   #23
Jake The Snake
Can you get some good pics of him eating? I really wonder at about what size he will reach sexual maturity at. Maybe he will never but lets sure hope not. This would be the hottest thing on the market since.....I don't know, cheetos? Would it be considered a new species or a morph?

Old 05-27-2005, 03:31 PM   #24
ghostofcesarchavez
Fascinating... Wouldn't that be something--dwarf Columbians!

Old 05-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #25
Mike Greathouse
Pictures of him eating will be a simple thing - he's a little pig when it comes to dinner time. As he is approaching two years of age, his growth has begun to slow even more. He continues to increase in girth, but length-wise, he appears to be slowing down. I don't expect him to get much over 3' to 3 1/2' in length.

As far as sexual maturity, males are often ready and willing to breed at two. If I feel he is ready, I'll try him this fall at 2 1/2 years of age.

Dwarf boas would be considered a morph.
Many people are unable or unwilling to work with boas because of their ultimate size. Imagine being able to enjoy the wonderful disposition and natural grace of the boas in a compact size.

Legislation is often geared towards exotics that exceed the six foot mark.
A genetic line of 3 1/2' Colombians could open the doors for many people to be able to enjoy these amazing animals.

It's a dream I have.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #26
ghostofcesarchavez
Might I add, I LOVE the photo of him with his sister!

Old 05-27-2005, 04:06 PM   #27
harrellharrell
Yup

Mike, you just said pretty much what I was going to. My wife won't even handle the boas after 5 foot or so, but this could be the beginning of something new.
I hadn't thought of the legislation angle though. The world will be better for them.
Thanks, Mike.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:38 AM   #28
robertmcphee
That female is a Nicararaguan/Central American boa, isn't it?? How would that prove out any morph? Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but come on how can proving a small colombian to a "dwarf" Nic prove anything out. The offspring will just be crossbreeds.

Bob

Old 06-05-2005, 01:15 AM   #29
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcphee
That female is a Nicararaguan/Central American boa, isn't it?? How would that prove out any morph? Not trying to be a pain in the ass, but come on how can proving a small colombian to a "dwarf" Nic prove anything out. The offspring will just be crossbreeds.

Bob
If you read what Mike posted, it is not the only pairing he is doing.

I would prefer as much as anyone to have local specific but in this case I do believe I would like to see the results just on the dwarf possibilities.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #30
robertmcphee
Fair enough.

Bob

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!