Help Identify please! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-02-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
nathan8194
Help Identify please!

I recently obtained a 3 year old... 2 1/2 too 3 ft Boa. I was told that she is full grown and that she's a dwarf Columbian red tail..Well last night I was told that there is no such thing as a dwarf columbian red tail. Anyone have any ideas with what type of Boa im dealing with?

Thank you!
-Nathan

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Old 10-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
ElexisC
It looks to have CA influence but I could be wrong. Colombians are the largest of the BCI's and no there is no such thing as a dwarf Colombian. I believe Nicaraguan, hog island, and a few others are what are referred to as "dwarfs" but they're just smaller locales. And if that is CA it should be bigger than 3 ft at 3 yrs old in my opinion. Someone else who knows more about the different locales should chime in but to me it looks like Central American influence at least, could be a cross between locales too which would make it even harder to determine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Old 10-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
nathan8194

Heres a photo my wife took this morning in natural light to show her colors and markings. Shes super healthy. No problems at all.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
AbsoluteApril
I agree that it looks like a Central American local due to the bold slightly connected saddles on the back but without knowing the parents, it's really impossible to say for sure. 3ft at 3yrs old sounds just fine to me and she looks lovely and healthy. Boas continue to grow their entire lives, it just slows way down as they get older. Beautiful boa, congratulations on your new addition!

edit to add - generally Central America locals stay a little smaller than their Colombian cousins

Old 10-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
nathan8194
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I agree that it looks like a Central American local due to the bold slightly connected saddles on the back but without knowing the parents, it's really impossible to say for sure. 3ft at 3yrs old sounds just fine to me and she looks lovely and healthy. Boas continue to grow their entire lives, it just slows way down as they get older. Beautiful boa, congratulations on your new addition!

edit to add - generally Central America locals stay a little smaller than their Colombian cousins
Heres a full body photo! Thank you so much April!

Old 10-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
JCCS
Central American/Nicaraguan. Nice snake with a nice build. Keep it going.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #7
nathan8194
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Central American/Nicaraguan. Nice snake with a nice build. Keep it going.
Wow! Thank you so much!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!