Help I Think My Dumeril Is Sick - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #21
DAND
Where in Ohio are you located? If you are close to me I could swing by and take a look at him if you would like.

Old 02-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #22
hhmoore
I doubt you will get anywhere seeking compensation or refund - he'll just say that the snake didn't have mouthrot when he shipped him...and that may be the truth. Is the mouth or face swollen at all? what are you using for substrate - if a particle got into the mouth, that could be the culprit. the easiest way to say if it is mouthrot is to open the mouth and look...mouthrot is an easy way of saying ulcerative stomatitis. what you will see is a reddened area, usually (by the time it is noticed) with a casseated covering. it's a sorta cottage cheese lookin stuff, for lack of better phrasing. can email me pics - knbdogs@yahoo.com

Old 02-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #23
billyboyblue
iam in northfield area code 44067... and i just got an email from the guy and he said that mouth rott isform is excact words"Truth is that mouth roth is very offen coused by disscomfort ,stress and cold"is this true?

Old 02-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #24
hhmoore
in my experience, mouthrot is frequently a sign that there is something else going on (read: a secondary infection). other than that, it can be due to injury - ie from striking the container or irritation from foreign particles. while many experienced keepers would take this in stride and treat it themselves, it might be best if you sought veterinary care. I say this because if it is secondary to some systemic infection, you (& the snake) are better off finding and treating that earlier...rather than messing around with the mouth and causing him further stress, which will weaken him further and allow the infection to advance. if you head for the vet - don't forget to pack him up warm for the trip.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:59 AM   #25
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboyblue
iam in northfield area code 44067... and i just got an email from the guy and he said that mouth rott isform is excact words"Truth is that mouth roth is very offen coused by disscomfort ,stress and cold"is this true?

Bill,

I'm just a straight shot down 82 from you, we're probably not 10 miles apart. I've got something going on for most of today, but if you want to set up a time/day let me know.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:14 AM   #26
billyboyblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Bill,

I'm just a straight shot down 82 from you, we're probably not 10 miles apart. I've got something going on for most of today, but if you want to set up a time/day let me know.
Hey thanks.... what ever time is good for you really. Tommmorow,mon,tues, what ever day u would is fine with me. thats cool we are so close. THANKS A LOT.
BILL

Old 02-27-2005, 03:36 AM   #27
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboyblue
Hey thanks.... what ever time is good for you really. Tommmorow,mon,tues, what ever day u would is fine with me. thats cool we are so close. THANKS A LOT.
BILL
I could possibly swing by this evening (Sunday). I have some stuff going on but should be done around 7:00 p.m. or so. PM me you phone number and I'll give you a call and we can see if we can work out a time.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:06 AM   #28
billyboyblue
Talking

Thanks for everyones help thats why i love this place and dand ill give you a call YOU THE MAN

Old 03-04-2005, 10:21 AM   #29
billyboyblue
Yea i got oit taken care of DAND came over my house and gave me a hand with it. thanks tho.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!