Substrate Poll (More than 1OK) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Substrate use/ frequency of cleaning
Newspaper 58 43.94%
Cypress mulch 25 18.94%
Aspen shavings 51 38.64%
Commercial paper lining/roll 13 9.85%
Commercial paper lining/precut piece 4 3.03%
Other substrate, comment below 7 5.30%
Spot clean daily 16 12.12%
Spot clean as needed 62 46.97%
Change entire substrate daily 0 0%
Change entire substrate every couple days 5 3.79%
Change entire substrate weekly 26 19.70%
Change entire substrate whenever needed 69 52.27%
Newspaper, remove layers as needed 7 5.30%
Disinfect/scrub as necessary 61 46.21%
What, I hafta clean? 3 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2005, 08:50 PM   #21
harrellharrell
Question Where

How do you order these Sani-Chips? I did a search for them and for Harland Tekland and turned up zilch. It sounds like a true time saver compared to newspaper, and I like the fact it holds humidity.
Thanks,
Anthony

Old 05-26-2005, 01:24 AM   #22
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrellharrell
How do you order these Sani-Chips? I did a search for them and for Harland Tekland and turned up zilch. It sounds like a true time saver compared to newspaper, and I like the fact it holds humidity.
Thanks,
Anthony
I get mine from Superior, but I don't know if they offer the best deal or not.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 AM   #23
harrellharrell
Ok, how do I contact them?
Thanks,
Anthony

Old 05-26-2005, 01:59 AM   #24
PaulSage
http://superiorenterprise.com/

I don't know if you can just click that or not. I just got an order from them a few days ago. They shipped it out REALLY fast. I get my disposable water dishes from them too. The modified deli cup lid works well at keeping bedding out, and also discourages them (somewhat) from defecating in their water.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:13 AM   #25
Mike Greathouse
Here is a link to Harlan's web site: Harlan

This link goes directly to the page for Sani-Chips: Sani-Chips

I believe you can order directly from them, or I'm sure that they could direct you to the closest distributor.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #26
harrellharrell
Thanks guys. With an ever growing amount of boas and ball pythons, not to mention beardies and leos, this product is sure to become a staple at our house.
I appreciate it.

Old 05-26-2005, 03:49 PM   #27
Lucille
I may not be purchasing the Sani-Chips; the site put me in touch with the area manager who said that in order to pick up an order at the warehouse I had to buy $350 worth of stuff; while I may well spend that in 6 months or a year I can't fork that out all at once just for bedding....

Old 07-24-2005, 07:36 PM   #28
Lee Herps
I like Aspen. I find it easy to clean and have had good luck with it.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #29
hhmoore
recently, I have been trialing the corrugated paper offered in various places. So far I like it, but I'm not sure about it for the bloods. Right now, I seem to be changing their papers at least every other day (gets expensive), but I'm going to add some more holes to their boxes and see if that helps. Don't know how they can get everything so wet, since I gave up on keeping water in with them all the time (spillage). I pretty much end up doing the sniff test (eeew!) - see the paper is wet, crack the box and sniff...if it has even a little odor of urine I change it. I know they aren't happy about getting shifted that often, so I may go back to mulch.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:27 PM   #30
LakesideBoas
I know what you mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I pretty much end up doing the sniff test (eeew!) - see the paper is wet, crack the box and sniff...if it has even a little odor of urine I change it. I know they aren't happy about getting shifted that often, so I may go back to mulch.
I do that for my BRBs. I just can't keep the humidity up in anything but tubs and the mulch was just way to messy to clean a couple times a week. It sure does burn out your nose hairs if they've "gone" while you were sleeping and it has "matured" over night! I feel your pain!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!