snakes stolen in NJ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
nicoleballs
snakes stolen in NJ

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know about some snakes that where stolen from my freind store in North Plainfiled NJ..A couple of days ago 4 guy ages 20-30 came into the store 2 of them went up to the reptile room the other 2 stared asking questions about Saltwater fish tank..

They new what they were doing they knew because only 2 people would be working that day on a monday...The stoled a Albino Nelson Milksnake,Nicaragun Boa,and Female anery boa 66%het for albino which was locked up the had to take screws off the cage to get

...It was a little weird to me i had help a guy that wanted to buy the Nelson a week before he ask if i could get him a male he would take the pair...When i ask the owner what the guys look like he discribed the one guy from the week before...I went of the NJ STATE PRISON SYSTEM and i found a picture of the guy when i ask the owner if that was the guy that had come in with the rest of the guy he told me it was him....

The same guy had come in about a month earlier with a Emerald tree boa and some other snakes he wanted to trade for a Albino boa we told him we were not intrsted he asked me to see the Albino Boa so he saw how i open the cage the same cage where the Anery Boa was in after i sold the albino for Cristmas..If anybody on here In NJ has gotten anything stolen let me Know i will send you the picture of the guy...I think they might be going from pet store to pet store doing the same thing..

Thanks for the space

Old 01-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
bsharrah
So it sounds like you identified one of the suspects. Have you gone to the police with this information and, if so, what is being done?

Bart

Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
nicoleballs
re

The owner of the store doesn't want to got to the police..He dosen't have any prove it was him...We have to fix the cameras...

Old 01-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
NJ Serpents
Hi Nicole,
I'm in NJ and I have a few boas that I'm selling, I was wondering if you could send me the pic, in case these tools happen to show up. Just to be proactive.
Thanks
John

Old 01-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
Keith Northrop
Next Time.....

he comes in the store....Call the police and have a no trespass put on him...He will have no choice but to Identify himself.....Wham Bam... you got a name its a start....You can bet the other stores around you have delt with him.....Good Luck

Old 01-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
nicoleballs
re

I did a check on the deparment of correction page and found him on there..He has a back round of theff..I got his name and all..

Thank you for the information..

Old 02-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
draybar
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleballs
The owner of the store doesn't want to got to the police..He dosen't have any prove it was him...We have to fix the cameras...

That is rediculous.
If he got robbed he needs to go to the police. Simple as that.
If he has a suspect he needs to inform the police of this.
There was obviously someone in the store that was able to give a description, how else would you know his description matched that of the person you had spoken to.
Either way it still needs to be reported. Let the police do their job.
To not report the theft hints of something amiss.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:58 AM   #8
SoulSmilen
Quote:
To not report the theft hints of something amiss.
Not only does it hint of something amiss, but if he/they remain at large, you never know what might happen the next time they try to burglarize or rob a store.

What if... there is a casualty next time?
What if... (insert situation)?

What if's suck later in life, especially in a case like this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!