Injury - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
SPJ
Injury

It's either a bite or a burn of some type.
Curious on how long you guys (and gals ) figure it will take to shed out (if it will)?
Thanks.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Wolfy-hound
That looks really minor to me. Probably be gone in 3 sheds(unless it's the last gasp of something severe).
JMO

Old 04-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
SPJ
She's going to be in QT for a long time when she arrives. The guy I am getting her from has been very upfront so far and this is actually the photo he took of her. Here is the full body shot he sent me. She's a nice looking animal IMO.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2008, 12:22 AM   #4
NorthernRegius.com
Good luck with her Steve, the mark doesn't look like a scar- those usually don't have colour like that, it should fade in a few sheds.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
It's either a bite or a burn of some type.
Curious on how long you guys (and gals ) figure it will take to shed out (if it will)?
Thanks.
Steve,

In my opinion it's scarred tissue. From the picture it's very difficult to tell if any scales are or not affected. In the past I had a WC male that had obviously been in a brush fire as a baby. He had scars all over, some plainly black and some had progressed to "white spots". He never lost those spots after years with us. She looks nice though.

Regards

Old 04-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
SPJ
Need some input.
Want to know if what I am thinking is the right course of action.
This girl arrived today and has some red belly scales. I think it is the very beginning of scale rot and can be treated. I have her on paper in and will apply neosporin. I'm thinking it will be gone on the next shed.
Any ideas?
I've attached a few photos but, well, you know how my pictures look. Hopefully the red irritation is visible.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
LadyOhh
Keep her warm and dry.. Paper Towels.

Water that she CANNOT tip over.

Watch it, and if it doesn't pass with the next shed, Vet time.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #8
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
Keep her warm and dry.. Paper Towels.

Water that she CANNOT tip over.

Watch it, and if it doesn't pass with the next shed, Vet time.
I think it's send back time.

I questioned this red when he sent photos since I saw a little bit and wondered what it was. I was told it was the red heat bulb from the cage reflecting on her. Well, there are no red bulbs anywhere around her now and she has the red belly scales.

Ruined my whole friggin day seeing that.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
LadyOhh
Its not something extreme, but it is for sure scale irritation.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
Its not something extreme, but it is for sure scale irritation.
It's mild but I don't like these kind of surprises.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!