The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:35 PM   #71
Kfen
Someone else asked, but it was not answered. Would you be willing to let someone else take it over?

Not sure how logistically that would work. Possibly just providing a link here that directs you to the new location of the BOI, but keep all the old posts still here.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:28 AM   #72
Black Adder
Sad times but totally understandable and not a surprise in reality.
Good luck with the future here Rich and I will continue my limited support as long as you need it.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #73
WebSlave
BTW, I fully expect people who can no longer access the BOI to start posting BOI type posts elsewhere on this site. They will be deleted immediately upon discovery and infractions assessed. That includes in the classifieds sections with ads others will place there.

I haven't decided whether or not this will include the BOI forums for Canadians and other international concerns, as well as the other animal groups.They have not as of yet been a demonstrable source of potential liability for me. But if they begin to be utilized inappropriately, then they too will be shut down to all but contributing level members. I may have to do that anyway, just to prevent confusion, both real and contrived.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:42 PM   #74
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I haven't decided whether or not this will include the BOI forums for Canadians and other international concerns, as well as the other animal groups.They have not as of yet been a demonstrable source of potential liability for me. But if they begin to be utilized inappropriately, then they too will be shut down to all but contributing level members. I may have to do that anyway, just to prevent confusion, both real and contrived.
Probably would be confusing to a lot of people especially new members. Makes more sense to do all or none.

Old 01-27-2019, 04:20 PM   #75
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Probably would be confusing to a lot of people especially new members. Makes more sense to do all or none.
Yes, you are most likely correct.

Old 01-28-2019, 09:57 AM   #76
Dthompson2634
Will this include those people who sponsor certain groups (IE: the boa classifieds)?

Old 01-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #77
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthompson2634 View Post
Will this include those people who sponsor certain groups (IE: the boa classifieds)?
Yes. I have already set up the sponsors to have access to the BOI after 02-02-2019. You may have noted that I also have provided them with their own medallion identifying them as a sponsor, in preparation to this change.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #78
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
You may have noted that I also have provided them with their own medallion identifying them as a sponsor, in preparation to this change.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #79
UpscaleAddictions
I think from a classifieds view its an easier way to weed out low end scammers by charging them at least the monthly fee to post ads in the classifieds portion of the site and will make members actually pay attention to the rules of posting such ads.

I don't quite see the point in limiting at least view to the BOI threads but I'm also not behind the scenes.
You're right in saying that there's a lot of new Facebook groups popping up for it however they're all new and that's in issue in itself. Scammers often change their names and I find more about that on here than I'm going to find on a year old Facebook groups.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:14 PM   #80
AbsoluteApril
The BOI is going to be sorely missed when it's gone IMO

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!