Nwe "Colubrid" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #11
thesnakeman
I know what it is,.....YT

Someone told me though. Someone who would know. Someone you know. Give up yet?
T.

Old 12-06-2004, 02:35 PM   #12
epidemic
Me? Never!!

LOL...Yeah, that someone told me you were a bit sore about me talking him out of selling his unicolor pair! No hard feelings, right?? If it makes you feel any better, VERY little persuasion was required
Besides, I've known him a while now and it's in stone, I get first dibs at any Drymarchon he parts with and he gets first dibs at mine!!
I have been waiting for "him" to give me the okay to identify the specimen pictured, unless someone guesses it first..

Jeff Snodgres

Old 12-07-2004, 12:14 AM   #13
Douglas Taylor
May I post a guess...

Drymarcon caudomaculatus?

Doug T

Old 12-07-2004, 04:04 AM   #14
Tom
Drymobius melanotropis? A bad guess I know but its 3 in the morning and I'm stumped. I seem to remember the Drymobius frontal scale to be more slender and the eyes to be a bit larger.

Tom Eason

Old 12-07-2004, 04:16 AM   #15
Tom
or Drymobius margaritiferus margaritiferus. I guess melanotrophis was an even worse guess. Time for bed.

Tom

Old 12-07-2004, 09:43 AM   #16
epidemic
Nope, Nope and Nope!!

C'mon guys, you can do better then that!!
It's not a species of Drymobius, but sounds a bit like it, hence the posting on the Drymarchon forum.. Great to see you posting here Tom!

Doug, I am still looking for the disc I saved the correspondence between Dr. Kirsten Parris and myself on. regarding the captive husbandry of Aspidites melanocephalus. I will forward this to you as soon as I can find it..
It's not D. cuadomaculatus, though I wish I could say it were.

I will talk my "friend" into posting a body shot shortly...

Jeff Snodgres

Old 12-07-2004, 08:01 PM   #17
Ecarinata
Is it a Senticolis triaspis mutabilis?

Old 12-08-2004, 09:03 AM   #18
epidemic
Good guess,-

as the facial coloration is almost the same as that of Honduran "green" ratsnake, but that's not it.
This species is an ophiophagic general opportunist, eating most anything that will fit within its mouth...
I will post a body shot no later than Friday..

Jeff Snodgres

Old 12-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #19
epidemic
Here's the body shot!!

I am certain someone around here will pin the genus and species now.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2004, 03:42 PM   #20
Douglas Taylor
erg...

It was so easy I missed it. D. corais. Just too cool too.

... and I'm looking forward to the A.melanocephalus info. Regardless, my pair seems to understand what cool nights mean for them.

Doug T

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!