Calling all indigo keepers... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #31
Eric East
contacting them off list sounds like a good idea. I'm sure most will help.
There may be some who baulk, but if they love these animals as much as they say they do they should want to know as much as possible about them, including their lineage.

I'll have a couple of sheds for you soon, my pair are both in the blue right now.

Eric

Old 09-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #32
itam
Hai Matt,

I think its a good and interesting project for looking at the genetic variation of captive populations.
I want to contribute also, but i wonder.........are you also interested in skins of my Drymarchon Couperis??
I ask this because i life in the Netherlands.
If you are interested, i gladly will send them.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #33
dryseeker
Matt
I'd like to contribute to your project as well, I have a Texas Indigo who should be peeling in the next few days-would you be interested in his shed? I also have 2 yearling Easterns & a 4 year old Uni I could also provide you some samples from. I believe your address is somewhere in this thread & I will locate it accordingly. I saw it in your post on KS this morning & went back to grab it however it appears you violated the ridiculous TOS terms-what a joke!

Old 09-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #34
matt rand
i have been blocked from participation at KS.com

as my wife just said, "it's just snakes!" and i have to agree.

oh well, i sort of knew if i pressured them with that last post (a copy of the message i sent the moderators) and said i was stiil awaiting their response, it might get me in the slammer.

johanna and william -- yes i would like sheds from europe and sheds from other Dry species -- it all helps. anything you know about their origin (breeder and year hatched) will go into the database to help us sort and group in a variety of ways.

we're getting good responses now, including offers of wild-collected skins to throw into the mix. this is going to get expensive, but i'm hopeful that it will be informative as well. maybe a beginning of a breeders' registry, stud book, etc.

thanks to all,

matt (just another KS.com outlaw)

Old 09-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #35
itam
My female Couperi will peeling in a few days, i send hers.
My male Couperi has already shed last week but wen he peels again, i Will send this also.
I am glad that i can contribute also something to this project.

Just for a good sending from the Netherlandsperhaps a stupid question for you) but what means MN?

Greetings, Johanna.

Old 09-09-2006, 06:38 PM   #36
matt rand
MN = Minnesota

It's the postal abbreviation for the state of minnesota.

matt

Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #37
nazzza
Hi,
I write from italy, I'll be happy to send you sheds of my adult pair, male is now in blue.
You need also sheds from sons of the adult pair?
I'll try to find other Drys owners here in Italy .
Ciao
Nazzza
PS
Itam who is the breeder of your indigo?

Old 09-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #38
nazzza
PPS
Matt, you should also tell me if my snakes are brothers or unrelated?
thanks again
nazzza

Old 09-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #39
matt rand
excellent!

hi nazzza,

yes, i'd like to run your snakes. we may not be able to tell if they are full sibs or not, but we should be able to tell you whether they came from the same maternal line.

make sure the skin is as clean as possible.

thanks for your interest.

matt

Old 09-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #40
keepergale
Matt I sent you two more samples. They should arrive by Tue. I would guess.
Gale

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!