PLEASE NOTE about contacting the admin of this site! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #21
Christina Vincent
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I get an extraordinary number of emails from people, who are having one problem or another, who do not provide me with their registered member name on this site. Without that info, it is pretty difficult for me to have to figure out how to find out ANY information about their account in order to figure out what is needed to take care of their problem. So that wastes my time sending back a reply asking for this basic information in order to try to help resolve the problem.

Along those same lines, often I will get emails that will say nothing more then "cannot log in", "cannot post messages", "what is wrong with your system". I kid you not. That is ALL I have to go on from the emails.

I hope this doesn't sound rude, and I certainly hate to have to think about it this way, but sooner or later I am going to just have to start ignoring those kinds of messages completely. So if you are reading this thread and find that you need to contact me about some problem here having to do with registration, email changes, membership status, etc., please be certain to cover the following details in your correspondence with me:
  1. Provide your registered member name
  2. Send emails to me ONLY via the email address you are registered under, whenever possible
  3. Provide as much detail as possible as to exactly what your problem is

If you want me to help you, YOU need to help me as much as possible. Save us both some time and frustration by providing me what I need to get your problem resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

and
I am totally one of these people. About a week ago I think, I couldn't log into the site and sent an email askin if I had been banned (profanity infractions in the past I've since been better) and had mentioned maybe a server issue? but then just came across this post. You are completely correct and I am sorry I was one of those emails WebSlave.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #22
GemmaMama1959
Hi, my name is Vickie Kestler and my username is Gemmamama1959. I bought a couple of female bearded dragons from a seller on this site and need to file a claim with paypal. I have a problem because paypal wants the link to the ad I purchased from and I looked back 20 or so pages and wasn't able to find it. Is there a way to look up a seller's previous listings, or are they deleted after a certain amount of time? I would appreciate any assistance you could provide. Thank you.

My email address is: gidgetsantana@yahoo.com

Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #23
Gary O
You find I believe Paypal will not let you do a claim on live animal purchases. But to answer your question I believe the seller can delete their ads. You could start a BOI thread though.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #24
WebSlave
Actually PayPal typically won't even do a thing for anyone unless the merchandise was purchased through Ebay. And even then, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting much help from them. They won't do anything if that requires even a nickle coming out of their own pockets. The reason I set up the BOI is because we are pretty much on our own when we get scammed by someone.

And yes, members posting ads can delete them.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
GemmaMama1959
I was afraid it might have been deleted. I filed a dispute with paypal and they upped it to a claim. The seller used someone elses paypal account to sell the animals and the aspca is involved, so maybe animal abuse and fraud will get a little justice even if I don't get my money back. Thank you for responding so quickly to my question.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #26
WebSlave
Enough already!

Write down your damned login info! Member name AND password. Store it somewhere that you can FIND it when you need it. This is NOT my responsibility! Yeah passwords are a pain in the ass, but if you can come up with a better way to maintain the security of everyone's accounts here, then please, enlighten me.

Do NOT create your account using a temporary email account that you then abandon. If you do that, then you will not be able to reset your password via the function provided when your login fails.

Whitelist "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" so that this email is not blocked by your ISP or your mail reader. If this email gets blocked, then you will never receive emails that are needed to reset your password. You need to do this anyway if you want to get notifications of replies to subscribed threads.

The rule here is one person per account, and one account per person. If you create a new account because you figured it was the easiest way to get around the problem of your forgetting your login info, then the new account is subject to either being blocked at registration, or deleted after the fact when the duplicate account is discovered.

Seriously, people are sending me pissy emails because they forgot their login name and or password and think that this is my fault somehow. If you come to me for help, act professional and recognize the fact that YOU are coming to ME for help, not the reverse. Don't start off the request for help with crap like "your stupid forum won't let me log on", or "that piece of crap forum of yours doesn't work for me". Sorry, but I'm just not interested in spending MY time helping YOU when you come at me with that kind of attitude.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #27
WebSlave
To reiterate some issues concerning emails.

Please whitelist my email address listed above. And regardless, please check your junk mail or spam mail folder occasionally. The anonymous email providers (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) while allowing spammers to freely use their services, will oftentimes block legitimate emails from many message board systems based on nothing more than the VOLUME of emails such systems will issue to their members. Lamebrained? You bet! And there is typically no way to contact anyone at those providers to get them to see just how lamebrained such blanket policies are.

Seriously, I will often get emails from people from such services, and when I reply requesting more info and such, I often do not get a reply, leading me to believe that they probably did not get my response email. So what can I do about that to help them? Not a damned thing. Heck, I sometimes get notices of people signing up for sponsorships, and I will send them the form request for the info I need to set that up for them. Sometimes I don't get a reply, and quite honestly, I rarely remember to go back to check up on such things. So if they don't follow up with a PM here on this site, realizing the problem with their email, and also forget about paying for said sponsorship, then it will simply fall through the cracks and stay there. Sooner or later they will likely realize this, and I will start their sponsorship once communication has been established, but beyond that, not much else I can do.

So, again, it is in YOUR best interests to make certain that YOU can receive emails from this site. I've done all I can from this end, but YOUR email service provider is outside of my control. Worse comes to worse, you may just want to consider finding an email service that isn't quite so brain dead. I've SERIOUSLY considered just outright blocking those email providers because they throw a seriously large monkey wrench into my attempts to verify that member registrations are legit. Not really a feasible solution, of course, but more than once I've been frustrate enough to seriously consider it, regardless.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #28
WebSlave
Just another reminder.

Quote:
Enough already!

Write down your damned login info! Member name AND password. Store it somewhere that you can FIND it when you need it. This is NOT my responsibility! Yeah passwords are a pain in the ass, but if you can come up with a better way to maintain the security of everyone's accounts here, then please, enlighten me.

Do NOT create your account using a temporary email account that you then abandon. If you do that, then you will not be able to reset your password via the function provided when your login fails.

Whitelist "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" so that this email is not blocked by your ISP or your mail reader. If this email gets blocked, then you will never receive emails that are needed to reset your password. You need to do this anyway if you want to get notifications of replies to subscribed threads.

The rule here is one person per account, and one account per person. If you create a new account because you figured it was the easiest way to get around the problem of your forgetting your login info, then the new account is subject to either being blocked at registration, or deleted after the fact when the duplicate account is discovered.

Seriously, people are sending me pissy emails because they forgot their login name and or password and think that this is my fault somehow. If you come to me for help, act professional and recognize the fact that YOU are coming to ME for help, not the reverse. Don't start off the request for help with crap like "your stupid forum won't let me log on", or "that piece of crap forum of yours doesn't work for me". Sorry, but I'm just not interested in spending MY time helping YOU when you come at me with that kind of attitude.
Quote:
To reiterate some issues concerning emails.

Please whitelist my email address listed above. And regardless, please check your junk mail or spam mail folder occasionally. The anonymous email providers (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) while allowing spammers to freely use their services, will oftentimes block legitimate emails from many message board systems based on nothing more than the VOLUME of emails such systems will issue to their members. Lamebrained? You bet! And there is typically no way to contact anyone at those providers to get them to see just how lamebrained such blanket policies are.

Seriously, I will often get emails from people from such services, and when I reply requesting more info and such, I often do not get a reply, leading me to believe that they probably did not get my response email. So what can I do about that to help them? Not a damned thing. Heck, I sometimes get notices of people signing up for sponsorships, and I will send them the form request for the info I need to set that up for them. Sometimes I don't get a reply, and quite honestly, I rarely remember to go back to check up on such things. So if they don't follow up with a PM here on this site, realizing the problem with their email, and also forget about paying for said sponsorship, then it will simply fall through the cracks and stay there. Sooner or later they will likely realize this, and I will start their sponsorship once communication has been established, but beyond that, not much else I can do.

So, again, it is in YOUR best interests to make certain that YOU can receive emails from this site. I've done all I can from this end, but YOUR email service provider is outside of my control. Worse comes to worse, you may just want to consider finding an email service that isn't quite so brain dead. I've SERIOUSLY considered just outright blocking those email providers because they throw a seriously large monkey wrench into my attempts to verify that member registrations are legit. Not really a feasible solution, of course, but more than once I've been frustrate enough to seriously consider it, regardless.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #29
dakotasreptiles
I'm trying to post my pictures of my babies for sale and it's sending me to something else. I'm registered but I don't know what to do now somebody let me know what's up or what I'm doing wrong.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #30
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasreptiles View Post
I'm trying to post my pictures of my babies for sale and it's sending me to something else. I'm registered but I don't know what to do now somebody let me know what's up or what I'm doing wrong.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!