Poll, What do you think of Tegus? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Tegus? More than one answer is fine.
They are awesone!!! 37 92.50%
They are nice, but I would not want to own one. 2 5.00%
I geuss they are ok. 0 0%
They are so ugly. 0 0%
Just not my thing. 1 2.50%
No way, I would run!!! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #11
varnyard
Thanks Theresa!! I am sure Noah did a bunch of talking himself, they do have a way of doing that, lol.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #12
King of Snake
New to Fauna but I've had a Tegu for a few months now. He's a young Argentine B&W who tolerates some handling (on his terms), feeds voraciously, sleeps a lot and bangs on the glass frantically anytime he realises I'm around. I'm not sure exactly what it means because if I reach into him he's snapping and tail-whipping but if I open the glass he generally walks straight out onto my hand.

The problem with him being on my hand is that he wants to scuttle up my arm or he'll stand in my hand and try to jump up and snap at my face. I'm sure he sees this as playful but it scares me, most times, into not wanting to handle him much.

Still love hime though.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #13
CYMRU
I have an Argentinian red tegu, they may be shy , but only when strangers are about. If they feel safe the will lie on there backs in your arms and relax so you can stroke there stomachs. (well ours does LOL)

Old 10-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #14
Ssthisto
We have two - an adult female who's about 42" long, and a nine-month-old we think might be a male (who is trying to open his sliding glass doors behind me right now).

Domino, the female, is a fantastic lizard, and she goes with us on school educational trips. Chess, the little one, is looking like he might be even better for the school trips.

I would dearly love to have a blue (and maybe an albino or snow someday) ... but to my knowledge nobody who's breeding them will export to Europe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!