Inquiry Ryan Respeto-Hardy: Respeto Bait Company, Southern Feeder Co - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:44 PM   #1
Phareodus
Ryan Respeto-Hardy: Respeto Bait Company, Southern Feeder Co

I am inquiring if anyone has purchased roaches or other feeders from this person. Even though he seems to be one of very few consistent sources of discoid roaches, there are a few reasons why I'm hesitant to order from him. His ebay page, respetofishing, has less than favorable reviews. His facebook group, Southern Feeder Co., is a closed group and leaves no option for reviews. He is also relatively new to the market with the FB group set late January. Lastly, when he sends invoices via paypal he requests payments by phone. I've honestly never seen that option before so I'm not sure if I can be covered by paypal or cc companies if needed. I know can get discoids from Kyle, but I like to get different strains of roaches from multiple providers. However, I'd like to see if anyone else has experience with this provider before taking a chance.
Thanks

Old 03-01-2015, 12:24 AM   #2
LauraB
Google is your friend

Not saying it's the same young guy I saw with the FL arrest record and possibly fictitious company names, but I would proceed with extreme caution, especially since his name is not exactly common.

Do you have any other info? Re: FB URL, email, phone, location?

Old 03-01-2015, 01:14 AM   #3
Phareodus
This is what I could gather.

FB Profile: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...587434&fref=nf
FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthernFeederCo/
Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/respetofishi...p2047675.l2559

The number Paypal gave me is 772-267-7203.

According to eBay, the item locations are Stuart, Florida. A search of the phone number results in Port Saint Lucie, FL which is close by.

I didn't think to search google.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:28 AM   #4
Phareodus
It would appear that this is the same person. Palm City is in the same area as Stuart and Port St Lucie.

Newspaper: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00081228/00372
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2015, 02:18 AM   #5
LauraB
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I saw that. Forget Fakebook/Ebay ... anyone can make up anything/everything and create whoever/whatever they want to be.

The phone number, 772-267-7203/ REH Lawn Services, is also suspect.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #6
Ralph319
I just purchased 50 discoids from him, yesterday I received the tracking #, so far legit. Let's see tomorrow if the order looks good to go. I'll chime in then

Old 03-04-2015, 08:27 PM   #7
Ralph319
Ok ladies and gents, my shipment arrived via usps earlier today. Everything looked good, he even added a little extra to account for any possible die offs, all the roaches made it alive and as described. Can't speak for anyone else but I have no complaints about his service or products.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:07 AM   #8
SouthernFeederCo
yes that is all me and the bad ebay reviews were from people purchasing live minnows from me when they had weather below freezing. so i stopped selling them and just bugs and frozen feeders

Old 03-16-2015, 02:10 AM   #9
SouthernFeederCo
if you join the group you can see meany happy customers and i only send invoice through paypal on my phones mobile app as i dont have a compute to use all the time. if you ave any questions about me you can just ask.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:37 AM   #10
regardingmarley
Just for your own future reference, PayPal will assist you in recovering funds on bad transactions even if you don't directly use PayPal as payment so long as the card in question was linked to your PayPal account prior to the transaction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!