Adeno Thoughts - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #91
whiskersmom
Hi Tere!!!!!!

I can verify that email as I was the one who sent it.

Btw, your personal message box is full, Tere!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #92
Bearded Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscaulkins
Jenkznza, I consider a large breeder someone that has experienced adeno and all the other bad stuff beardies can get.
What? What kind of a sentence is this? Anyone large, small, or even a private collector can experience these symptoms! That has nothing to do with being large, and actually if you would visit a large breeder you would see that they have a lot less problems or no problems when compared to the smaller to medium breeders because they are on top of their game! Their is a reason why breeders like myself look to Jeff, Rob/Vickie, Rich, and Tammy for advice, they have been doing this stuff for a long time and have an understanding far and above anyone else! And this is why all of them have Vets calling and asking questions about husbandry set-ups and even how to treat certain bacterias, worms, and fungus because these breeders have more experience in that area than the vet and they know what works from experience! So it comes down to experience again, and yes I don't have the experience these individuals have(years in), but I'm doing my best to surround myself the with the best and brightest! As that's the best way to learn is by sitting down at someone's house in PA and picking their brain for 3.5 hours! I did that last weekend, and their is a reason why we network on a daily or weekly basis as we want to progress in our knowledge and care, so we collectively share our experiences thus making each individual stronger in their knowledge and husbandry! We want to know what UVB lights are working for me versus what's working for them, and through these discussions we can share experiences of what works and why! Though I do have over 5 years experience with bearded dragons and 2 years breeding, I'm still learning a ton from a lot of great people; but I don't pretend to know everything their is to know. If I don't know an answer I will let you know that I don't, but If I do have an answer I will let you know based upon my experience and the experience of other breeders that I work with this is what works for us... Now common/general advice doesn't work for everyone, as over a dozen environmental factors play a role in your dragons health and how your husbandry should be set up as each state is different... So if you don't know what I'm talking about then you need to seriously sit down a call up one of these breeders to work on your husbandry as no one should have unhealthy dragons regardless if they have Adeno or no... Their are breeders right now doing personal test with adeno positive dragons and guess what they are as healthy as any other dragon out their, they are thriving and doing just fine! I can't wait for a few of these individuals in future to release this information, or they might not in fear people like Sandy and Tracie will just bash them for having positive dragons... I hope a lot of people reading from the sidelines are learning/absorbing a lot in general about bearded dragon care, and if you have any questions feel free to PM any of the breeders that have posted here as helping the general public is one of your goals as well, and one of the reasons why this thread was started!

Anthony

Old 05-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #93
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by draggintails
Mikey,

I don't think Denise mailed anything to Tracie..what I mean by that is contacted her in the first place. Denise wants to be left alone and should be. I am pretty sure Denise does not even want to be on the PATS site and that is involving her in this at this time. It is false information on the site and that is Tracie's fault not Denise's.
Oh, really? If Denise didn't want to be on Tracie's site, then why did Denise and I have many conversations about her being on Tracie's site? And why would she have engaged in these conversations with Tracie? I don't know, but if I weren't interested in doing something, I certainly wouldn't go into this much detail about it. Further on that point, I think this shows that Tracie stated exactly what she believed, that she would receive those results.

Denise wrote:
> Hi Tracie,
> I think I must have misunderstood something when we talked. My
understanding
> was that there were going to be forms on your website that we filled
> out
and
> had notarized? If I'm wrong let me know. My life is sort of hectic and
> stressed right now, so it's a good bet that I misunderstood. I hate to
sound
> like a dimwit, but could you please tell me exactly how you want this
> information submitted and I promise I will get to it as quickly as
possible.
[Personal conversation removed]

> Denise
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: drache613
> Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 8:43 PM
> To: Denise%40calidragons.com
> Subject: Hello
>
> Hello Denise,
>
> Just wanted to catch up with you. How are those hard copies coming
> along for me? [Personal conversation removed]

Tracie,
The form was great, very easy to understand. If I can get to my vet anytime soon I'll have her release my records to you, simply because it saves me the hassle of testing yet again. Please promise me that you won't release the name of my vet though. She is really awesome, and I simply don't want her bothered. [Other personal conversation removed]

Denise

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:57 PM
To: Denise
Subject: RE: Hello

Hello Denise,

[Personal conversation removed]

Oh what did you think of that form, was it easy to read?

Tracie

Old 05-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #94
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
Hi Tere!!!!!!

I can verify that email as I was the one who sent it.

Btw, your personal message box is full, Tere!
Thank you, Sherri.

I will clean out my box right now. Thanks for letting me know!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #95
draggintails
Tracie told me she had test results sitting on her desk from University of Florida with negative results for Denise Latanzi. This is fact.

Then she says after this on this forum they were supposed to be emailed and Denise would send them, this I thought to be another embelishment because I had been told one already that I knew for fact was untrue.

I will apologize to Tracie on that statement, but not for covering for her and telling me an untruth on the phone..but yes, I am sorry that I thought Denise would never say this to her..so Tracie I apologize that I did not believe you on that. Those emails are terrible.

Let me bring up old blood for explanation as much as I hate it: Denise did not have PCR tests, any samples pulled by Studio City Animal Hospital. SCAH has not sent in one bearded dragon adeno sample...(please, please confirm this) Dr. Stacey (U of FL) was so intrigued with Denise's statement on the forum that they called SCAH. "There is no Denise Latanzi in our database" "No, we do not do that testing at our hospital" Dr. Flanagan/owner/Studio City Animal Hospital.

Call Dr. Stacey or Dr. Jacobson and ask him about his conversation with Dr. Flanagan..he will be happy to speak with you about it. Also, there has been no barrage of phone calls to that hospital as much as one would like to claim, that is a smoke screen. Pick up the phone Tracie, these are professionals who will be happy to speak with you about this and correct false information.

Tracie, There is no way she will send you verifiable old PCR test results, they do not exist. You know this. That is why I thought Denise could not have said this to you in a million years, for that I apologize.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #96
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Wizard
This all the proof I need to realize this is not an epidemic and any individual just reading through this thread will realize this as well! The words from a University researcher basically saying if they are sick test them(Duh), and if not it's totally up to the breeder and their Vet's recommendation. So she only recommends for sick dragons, which is the entire point of this discussion since 99% of the breeders represented here and do not have a single sick dragon in their care. So why test? Well that question was just answer by the woman that does the testing, and her recommendations are to talk to your Vet and make your own decisions!

Does this sound like an epidemic to you? It most certainly doesn't to me, her tone of voice and relaxed posture in her writing shows that his is just another virus that can be present in a large number of sick dragons... The End!

Anthony
Can I get an "Amen" from the crowd? LOL. Great post Anthony.

It's actually starting to become kinda funny that these people just DON'T want to believe that large breeders could ACTUALLY have healthy animals. And it's a HORRIFIC thought that they might not be money-grubbing liars. I mean, come on? Where's the fun in that?

Jamie

Old 05-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #97
mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,
By the way, Tammy, fyi, I never said that I had Denise's "official" test results. What I said was that I had an "email" from Denise where Denise wrote down the results of her dragons. She told me that the official vet results would be mailed out to me. I never received them. So I did have "unofficial" test results from HER & not her VET that I had printed out. Get your facts straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey
Please post the emailed"unofficial" results from Denise with headers, since you keep all documentation..
Tere,
Have Tracie, Denise, or Sherry suddenly lost their ability to communicate or type on their own ? You are posting emails that YOU neither wrote or received and you truly think with stand up and are believable? I asked Tracie to post the original email from Denise listing here "unofficial" results. Not hard, I would think, for her to produce and post that REAL email.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #98
mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by draggintails

Let me bring up old blood for explanation as much as I hate it: Denise did not have PCR tests, any samples pulled by Studio City Animal Hospital. SCAH has not sent in one bearded dragon adeno sample...(please, please confirm this) Dr. Stacey (U of FL) was so intrigued with Denise's statement on the forum that they called SCAH. "There is no Denise Latanzi in our database" "No, we do not do that testing at our hospital" Dr. Flanagan/owner/Studio City Animal Hospital.

Tracie, There is no way she will send you verifiable old PCR test results, they do not exist. You know this. That is why I thought Denise could not have said this to you in a million years, for that I apologize.
We all have known this, it is old news. Denise never tested blood PCR, but by producing the original"unofficial results" email from Denise to Tracie, it will show Tracie was indeed mislead. And I for would cut her some slack for making a HONEST judgement error.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #99
whiskersmom
I'm sorry Mikey, could you please clarify? What, pray tell, did I post (other then the letter from Dr. Jacobson to Cheri) that I did not receive??? Did you not read that I freely admitted that I was the one who asked Lou Ann if she in fact made the quote that draggintails says she did.

I forwarded that email of my coorespondence with Lou Ann to Tere because I know how you folks all love verification. LOL!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #100
mikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
I'm sorry Mikey, could you please clarify? What, pray tell, did I post (other then the letter from Dr. Jacobson to Cheri) that I did not receive??? Did you not read that I freely admitted that I was the one who asked Lou Ann if she in fact made the quote that draggintails says she did.

I forwarded that email of my coorespondence with Lou Ann to Tere because I know how you folks all love verification. LOL!!!
Sherri, You have always been a forthright, honest straight shooter in all the threads we have been involved together in. I, in no way, doubt your honesty, but would rather see people post on their own. It keeps things real for me, thats all.. Everything can be verified, if so needed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!