LAY BIN FOR DRAGONS. PLUS A BOUNS! Dragons laying, babies hatching GOOD stuff here - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #21
crazycoolpaul
The soil was packed pretty tight on both post its all loose from when she did her multiple digs but yes it may have been a little dry but it all worked out in the end.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #22
crazycoolpaul
well i had an extra baby cage so i turned it into a lay cage

Old 02-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #23
shinezilla
Still waiting... The one with Plumpkin in it, I made the mound prutruding from the corner more as with Piper, I have the hole started in the center... I have one more girl that's getting ready to lay too, just no picture of her...

Just playing the waiting game now.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #24
crazycoolpaul
I love the color eye shadow she is wearing, It brings out her eyes! And that lip gloss very stunning.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
shinezilla
Yeah, ain't she a doll... She did it all on her own!
Not really, I start out the tunnel for them.
I get all up in there... But I pack it down while my arm is in there, makes it more solid and less chance of collapsing.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #26
pgwdragons
Im liking this thread! Ive always used a smaller rubbermaid, w/ it placed inside the cage w/ the females, so that they can go in there when they are ready, With that being said though... Im not to fond of this method either, for the simple fact that sometimes, the females dont always lay in the box.. so then you wind up with some dead eggs, or they lay some in the box and some out. So im moving toward doing something along the lines w/ this. My question is this... w/ some females its hard to see whether or not they are carrying, and hard to feel.. Ive had 2-3 females lay eggs when I couldnt notice any pregnancy at all. So when do you place them in the lay box.. and do you just house them in there and feed or whatever in that box while waiting for them to drop the clutch? And if so, how long have you guys been leaving them in there... it sounds stupid and such, but this method of a lay box is completely different than what im use to.. so there goes!

Old 02-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #27
crazycoolpaul
Well Eric most females will not eat from my experience when there getting ready to lay so that's not an issue, When I see A female starting to dig i know its time to get everything ready (lay box,incubator and a tub ready for a bath afterwords) I usually keep her in her lay box till she lays. Hope this helps and if other breeders have other ways I'd like to hear.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #28
crazycoolpaul
eggs Layed

Just a picture of the leathers clutch placed in a Rubbermaid container in a bed of moist vermiculite

Old 02-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #29
pgwdragons
Ive had a few females.. *not all* that would still eat even a day or two before they lay.. Thats why I was asking about that, but that does make sense. What size container is that, that you are using? 58 qt?

Old 02-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #30
crazycoolpaul
You know what I'm not sure... its a decent size tho

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!