My Finds This Spring - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Greatballzofire
My Finds This Spring

Pacific gopher snake; youngster.

Coral bellied ringneck snakes; one baby and one adult.

Ensatina salamanders; some of the dozens of these that live on my property.

I have kept the gopher snake. She was in danger of being eaten by my cats. I've had her two days now and she has already eaten live pinks in the feeding jar, just like all my cb snakes.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
snakedave1209
Hey Bob...what part of the country do you live in.??
Those are VERY nice finds.
Thx...Dave

Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Utta
He lives in cali(unless he didn't update his profile). But what part of cali has ringnecks? I've never seen any in cali lol

Old 04-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
snakedave1209
actuallt...central cali is well known for them...Just wondering if he was finding them there..or elswhere??

Old 04-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
Greatballzofire
Sierra Nevada foothills at 3200 foot elevation (Calaveras County). I find the little ringnecks all the time; they are the most common small snake I see. In fact, I found a little one today while hiking/herping. I don't keep those as they eat salamanders and I wont feed the beautiful salamanders to snakes. I wish they ate pinks, but pinks are way too big for such tiny snakes.

Found this little skink today. I feel quite pleased I was able to capture it without breaking it's tail. They are very hard to catch intact.

Also found another little California toad to go with my other two toads in my big terrarium. These are my other two; I tried photographing the new one but it is hard to see in the substrate.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:31 AM   #6
glassy
Very nice finds!

Old 05-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
americananie
Gorgeous finds, Bob!
I especially like the coral bellied ringnecks. I always thought they were so beautiful.
I am completely jealous at how well you caught that color in the skink! And quite please you didn't break it's tail, as well!

Old 06-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
JDpythons
that coral snake is NIIIICCCEEE!!!

believe it or not, ive never seen a snake like that

nice finds!

if only pythons would roam texas lol

Old 06-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
Greatballzofire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDpythons View Post
that coral snake is NIIIICCCEEE!!!

believe it or not, ive never seen a snake like that

nice finds!

if only pythons would roam texas lol
Well, speaking of scary snakes, Texas does have it's share of huge rattlesnakes!

Old 06-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
Greatwun
very nice finds!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!