I've got EGGS!!!!! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #51
Tere Salazar
Oh, gosh, Matt. I'm sorry she's not feeling right/acting right. Sometimes, if they have infertile eggs, they'll drop them way before they drop the fertile ones. Just try her again late tomorrow afternoon, and see what happens.

As for being eggbound, I've heard about that, but haven't experienced it (knocking on wood). Just keep an eye on her, and keep offering her the lay bin. She knows what she's supposed to do there and she'll do it when she's ready. If she's getting stressed in the bath, it may just be because she's so close and doesn't want to lay in the water.

I've got my fingers crossed for both your sakes that tomorrow's the day.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #52
cahac
Eggs

Matt,
Anything new with your girl! about an hr after i posted last night, mine was digging away in the tub, then she stopped and went into her hiding box, got real quiet for a while and when i checked on her 1/2 hr later she was in the process of laying there. i just put a scoop of vermiculite in the box and when she finished she covered them with that, . got 22 this time . She seems to be back to normal today,
cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Well, I'm officially getting worried about this girl. When I got home last night, I only had the one slug/infertile egg. Today she dug a lot, but nothing. Once I started to put her in a warm bath and she reacted violently, puffed her face and made her beard dark. After a few minutes of letting her calm down, I attempted again. This time she whipped me with her tail and I chose not to stress her anymore. I'm sure she can't be comfortable being picked up!

As of now, she is still in her lay box, but just going to sleep (it's that time anyway, but I'm also sure that she's worn out). I know snakes can become eggbound. How likely is it for beardies?? Of course I'm asking this on Friday night; my vet won't be back 'til Monday!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #53
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahac View Post
Matt,
Anything new with your girl! about an hr after i posted last night, mine was digging away in the tub, then she stopped and went into her hiding box, got real quiet for a while and when i checked on her 1/2 hr later she was in the process of laying there. i just put a scoop of vermiculite in the box and when she finished she covered them with that, . got 22 this time . She seems to be back to normal today,
cliff
Just got home (spent all day visiting mine, and my wife's, mothers) and still nothing. She let me pick her up without getting so irritable and is now back in her enclosure. I'm about to offer a little food and see if she'll eat.

She spent a solid 48 hours in her lay box, digging away most of the time (at least while I've been home) so I think she needs to be out of it for awhile. Maybe I'll give her a warm bath in the morning. I'm just trying not to add any stress to her right now. Hopefully I have some good news to update y'all with soon!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #54
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahac View Post
Matt,
cliff
Congrats on your clutch!! Hopefully I can compare numbers with you tomorrow!!

Old 05-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #55
Tere Salazar
Agreed, congratulations on the new clutch!

And Matt, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Maybe she's waiting for Mother's Day? Very smart girl.

Good luck!

Old 05-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #56
Beardiefreak26
good luck guys

Old 05-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #57
Matt2979
FINALLY!!!!! She's laying her 2nd clutch now so I'll update with new pics soon!!!!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #58
Tere Salazar
Yaaaaaaayyyyy! Go Sunshine!!!!!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #59
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
Yaaaaaaayyyyy! Go Sunshine!!!!!
LOL...she WENT alright...to SLEEP!! Poor girl. I reached in and kicked some medium over the exposed eggs so that the light would not dry them out. She opened her eyes and looked at me, as if to say, "What the are you doing??" (She doesn't usually use that kind of language, but c'mon...poor thing has been in labor for a solid four days!!)

I've got the vermiculite and water mixed up, and sitting ready in the incubator for when she's really done.

I also managed to capture about 1 1/2 minutes of video while she laid a few eggs, but I'm not sure if I can put that on here like I would a pic. If anyone can help me out there, I'll be glad to post it.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #60
Tere Salazar
Hey, labor will do that to you...trust me.

I'm just glad she's finally getting them out. You think she's done, or just resting for the next big push(es)?

On the video, I'm totally clueless. Hopefully someone else knows how to do that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!