I've got EGGS!!!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #61
Matt2979
Here's a pic of her guarding her newly laid clutch...well, ACTING like she was guarding it. There was no effort involved in my picking her up to put her in the bath--2nd and 3rd pics. As I took the 3rd (posted), I saw her wiggle her butt and freaked out. She laid another egg before I could get her out!!!! Guess I'm gonna leave Ms Sunshine alone for a bit longer!
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #62
Tere Salazar
She looks great, Matt! You must have gotten her nice and fat between the last one and this one. Good job.

Isn't that little butt wiggle cute? That sometimes comes right before a gigantic turd on your lap, too!

Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #63
womsterr
Congrats Matt! My beardie is gravid at the moment too! Where are you getting your pinheads locally?

Old 05-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #64
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
She looks great, Matt! You must have gotten her nice and fat between the last one and this one. Good job.

Isn't that little butt wiggle cute? That sometimes comes right before a gigantic turd on your lap, too!
Yes Ma'am!! She was 523 grams a week or so ago. Just put away 26 eggs, not including the one she threw out a couple of days ago. Even if it was fertile when it was laid that night, it seemed to be too far gone to chance letting it get my good eggs moldy.

Unfortunately, I just threw away about 8-10 bad eggs from her 28-egg clutch laid 5 weeks ago, last night. It's amazing how much the good ones have swollen, compared to the tiny ones that I just put away!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
Congrats Matt! My beardie is gravid at the moment too! Where are you getting your pinheads locally?
Congrats on your gravid beardie!! What did you breed?

As far as food, I don't feed crickets. I switched to roaches several months ago. I started a nice colony that SHOULD have me set for baby food. They started slowly, but have been breeding like CRAZY for the past couple of months. My dragons love them WAY better than crickets.

But before I switched, I was ordering from LLLReptile. They have decent pricing. Heard of better, but they always took care of me, and my philosophy is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #65
Matt2979
Quote:
THAT'S what I thought she did in the bath, the FIRST time I removed her from her lay box. Even had something white on my right hand, and told my wife, "Oh, she just went to the ba...OH CRAP, THERE'S AN EGG!!!!"

Old 05-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #66
Tere Salazar
Haha! Congrats, Matt! See there? I told you they grow a LOT. Just wait until they're right close to hatching. You're going to be shocked! But it's so much easier to see it when you have brand new ones to compare.

Oh, I'm just so excited to see these little ones!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #67
womsterr
This was Tom - also from Kennesaw. I was feeding pinheads i raised myself but got over it. I also recently switched to Dubias. Thing is I think the new nymphs might be too big. I'm also not sure they can keep up production the way i have it setup.

Breeding pair is a Red German Giant to a Normal...

Old 05-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #68
cahac
Talking Eggs

Thats what i thought when i felt my girl move her butt, on the first clutch. Put my hand under her to catch it and caught a egg!!
My orange girl should be ready again this week. i have 2 incubators going. Congrats on the clutch
cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
THAT'S what I thought she did in the bath, the FIRST time I removed her from her lay box. Even had something white on my right hand, and told my wife, "Oh, she just went to the ba...OH CRAP, THERE'S AN EGG!!!!"

Old 05-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #69
Beardiefreak26
i cant wait till i get some eggs

Old 05-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #70
Matt2979
Quote:
Haha! Congrats, Matt! See there? I told you they grow a LOT. Just wait until they're right close to hatching. You're going to be shocked! But it's so much easier to see it when you have brand new ones to compare.

Oh, I'm just so excited to see these little ones!
Thanks Tere! It is amazing to see the difference in size after 5 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
This was Tom - also from Kennesaw. I was feeding pinheads i raised myself but got over it. I also recently switched to Dubias. Thing is I think the new nymphs might be too big. I'm also not sure they can keep up production the way i have it setup.

Breeding pair is a Red German Giant to a Normal...
First, congrats on the pairing!

From what I understand, adult female Dubia will produce around 25-30 babies approx ever 30 days. PM me and I'll try to help you with your set-up in a little more detail. But please understand, I'm no expert. Only switched over to roaches in Jan, but I've done pretty good with them so far...at least I think I've done good! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahac View Post
Thats what i thought when i felt my girl move her butt, on the first clutch. Put my hand under her to catch it and caught a egg!!
My orange girl should be ready again this week. i have 2 incubators going. Congrats on the clutch
cliff
LOL...I saw her wiggle and immediately freaked out because I was afraid she'd lay another egg in her bath. I got her back in the lay box and saw some white "goo" on my hand so I thought she'd gone to the bathroom...and then saw an egg in the water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardiefreak26 View Post
i cant wait till i get some eggs
Just be ready for LOTS of them when the time comes...more than once in several weeks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!