Blake Sheldon joke about killing turtles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #41
squinn
seems ol' blake did pretty well for himself last night at the country music awards "turtlegate" aside.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #42
PlatinumRosePythons
This isnt the first time Blake Shelton has purposely harmed an animal. Here he is with Miranda Lambert killing a very young looking alligator in, what I consider, a cruel way. Instead of roping it to pull it close to the boat they shoot an arrow through its gut and PULL IT IN USING THE ARROW!!! It was also still alive when they pulled it in the boat to kill it, even after hitting it over the head with something. After I saw this video I stopped supporting Blake and Miranda. They are both cruel lowlife's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah_6Z....1.GxzdvxVMkX8

BTW, I am NOT against hunting as long as it is done as quickly and painlessly as possible. THIS hunt wasnt done that way!

Old 11-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #43
stevek123
Pure and simple he is an ass. Just some good old hillbilly fun as far as he is concerned. And anyone who listens to his music and supports him in any way is a bigger ass.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #44
ShadowAceD
I've hunted numerous types of animals over the years, and their behavior during that is just disgusting.

If you are getting your rocks off killing an animal, you need to reevaluate yourself.

The term "clean kill" has good meaning and purpose.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #45
cajunreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek123 View Post
Pure and simple he is an ass. Just some good old hillbilly fun as far as he is concerned. And anyone who listens to his music and supports him in any way is a bigger ass.
well i guess im the biggest ass there is lol. its sad that you guys spent time to look for vids just to try and make urself look good online lol its so funny. i had forgot all about this thread.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #46
cajunreptiles
Also before all think im just so redneck hillbilly let me clear things up. I was born in orlando, fl. I joined the army in 06 and got stationed in central louisiana where theres nothing to do but hunt and fish. i also hve been running a farm for the last year and have done very well so far.I dont support cruelty to animals in any way hell i barely hunt i love to go out and do it but i just dont see the point of spending all my free time killing animals when i have a freezer full of meat. Black shelton is not the only person that goes around "harming" animals the only reason anyone knows about it is cuz he is famous point blank. let me go on tweeter and say i just ran over a tutle and noone would know let alone care.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #47
Shadera
It's clear some folks just don't possess the brainpower to "get it".

Blake's a punk.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #48
ShadowAceD
Nothing to do but fish and hunt in Louisiana, eh? Man, I wasted a lot of time while I was being raised there.

I have been hunting small and medium game since I was old enough to hold a rifle and shoulder a shotgun properly. I have been fishing since I was younger than that (among various other activities in Louisiana that do not involve such matters). I was always taught to treat animals with respect, especially those I was hunting. Financially, my family was not always well set, so we hunted and fished for the dinner table. I never got some sick thrill out of killing an animal, and I did not take a shot unless I was certain it was going to drop the animal.

I do not care if Blake Sheldon is some poor guy living in a crummy shack, pooping in an outhouse and wiping his butt with poison ivy, his sense of humor and excitement over his girlfriend displaying her lack of "hunting" skills is deplorable. The comments both of them make are just absurd and their lack of compassion for an animal they are hunting is disgraceful. Shooting something does not make you a hunter. Killing something does not make you a hunter. Putting forth effort and using logic to cleanly kill an animal with as minimal suffering as possible is.

So what if someone went and found more evidence of what a jackass this guy is? Who cares if he is famous? That should give him a free pass? That's basically what happened with Troy Gentry's stupid when he decided to plead guilty instead of continuing to deny his illegal "hunt". A slap on the wrist and off he goes back to his patriotic country music. Could I have broken the law in such a manner and not spent any time in jail over it? Probably not.

Your defense of him is without merit and illogical.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #49
AbsoluteApril
interesting story semi-related to this in a way
"College student's turtle project takes dark twist"
http://news.yahoo.com/college-studen...182457207.html

excerpts from the story:
"Clemson University student Nathan Weaver set out to determine how to help turtles cross the road. He ended up getting a glimpse into the dark souls of some humans.

Weaver put a realistic rubber turtle in the middle of a lane on a busy road near campus. Then he got out of the way and watched over the next hour as seven drivers swerved and deliberately ran over the animal. Several more apparently tried to hit it but missed.

"I've heard of people and from friends who knew people that ran over turtles. But to see it out here like this was a bit shocking," said Weaver, a 22-year-old senior in Clemson's School of Agricultural, Forest and Environmental Sciences.

To seasoned researchers, the practice wasn't surprising.

The number of box turtles is in slow decline, and one big reason is that many wind up as roadkill while crossing the asphalt, a slow-and-steady trip that can take several minutes.

Sometimes humans feel a need to prove they are the dominant species on this planet by taking a two-ton metal vehicle and squishing a defenseless creature under the tires, said Hal Herzog, a Western Carolina University psychology professor.

"They aren't thinking, really. It is not something people think about. It just seems fun at the time," Herzog said. "It is the dark side of human nature."

Herzog asked a class of about 110 students getting ready to take a final whether they had intentionally run over a turtle, or been in a car with someone who did. Thirty-four students raised their hands, about two-thirds of them male, said Herzog, author of a book about humans' relationships with animals, called "Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat."

He went back out about a week later, choosing a road in a more residential area. He followed the same procedure, putting the fake turtle in the middle of the lane, facing the far side of the road, as if it was early in its journey across. The second of the 50 cars to pass by that day swerved over the center line, its right tires pulverizing the plastic shell.

"Wow! That didn't take long," Weaver said.

Other cars during the hour missed the turtle. But right after his observation period was up, before Weaver could retrieve the model, another car moved to the right to hit the animal as he stood less than 20 feet away.

"One hit in 50 cars is pretty significant when you consider it might take a turtle 10 minutes to cross the road," Weaver said."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!