Anyone watching the live HR669 Hearing?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
Mooing Tricycle
i am annoyed too. especially about when he said that tidbit about permits....i wonder how they are going to implement a permiting system in the first place...... its LAUGHABLE, to think about how long that process would take, and how much more money THAT would cost!

Old 04-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
Heart and Soul Reptiles
I didn't even realize until the fish dude said it that it would affect the fish we EAT on a regular basis. Like Tilapia. My family eats that at least once every week and a half or so, it's a pretty common meal in this household.
And it's good they're addressing the whole fact of the pets that people all ready own, but they still aren't acknowledging all of the business's and breeders they will put out of business!

Old 04-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
kmurphy
I thought Myers from PIJAC did a pretty good job but I believe the cards are stacked in favor of this passing to the next level.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #14
Mooing Tricycle
So what happens now? it seemed like they all agreed that this bill needs revising

Old 04-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #15
JordanAng420
I was wondering the same thing...what's the verdict?

Old 04-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #16
Fox321
HR-669

So it just finished.. 10 days.. whew.. Things aren't looking good, although the fact that they want to revise is a plus. It definitely is WAY too broad stroked as the fish guy said. And I'm feeling like he represented the more intelligent end of the industry, anyone else? I'm also agreeing with the statement about the fish and wildlife guy dancing around all the questions.. horrible representation on his MAJOR role in this.

The consideration for this bill even passing is absurd to me. There are just too many changes that need to take place, as well as fine tuning on everything that's already written. I think the question on everyone's mind is "What now?". It seems this is just an open door for federal regulators to pretty much implement this system however THEY want to. When this passes, it will close the door for any further input from anyone other than who THEY want to incorporate.. obviously shunning the exotic collector. I guess we get another waiting game...

Old 04-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #17
Mooing Tricycle
We absolutely have to fight this harder than ever. they NEED to consider the keepers and breeders of these animals, and the industry that comes with.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
Fox321
The Countdown..

10 days until the next step...getting back to emails and phone calls!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #19
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox321 View Post
10 days until the next step...getting back to emails and phone calls!
and real mail!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #20
Fox321
Ahh yes, real mail!.. I'll start pushing that as well. I hope I'm not the only one that hears about this bill and feels her blood begin to boil. *sigh* if only there were individual mics, and we could all speak at that hearing..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
hr669, live webcast