Why I hate the press. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:18 PM   #21
Rebel Dragons
Vince, you made some very asinine comments. You dug your own hole.

I am aware that nuisance gators are killed occasionally but usually not on the "first offence". They are usually relocated as most have just lost their way. Living in Florida as you stated most people are WELL aware of the wildlife and what dangers are in it. Wouldn't it be grand if others in other areas did the same thing?

In an earlier post you said "those kids COULD have been killed"

The operative word there is COULD. They weren't, so why kill the snake for just being a snake? Ignorance is far to often used as an excuse in these situations. Perhaps if more people educated themselves to the their own environment and what animals share it with them, there would be less cases of this sort of thing.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #22
Vince
oh that's original. why not give some reason why it is so ignorant to kill a deadly snake that is so close to your home and is around your family? By no means this is a battle of wits, if you think it is well then you think to highly of your self.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:20 PM   #23
Rebel Dragons
You are right Vince, this is by no means a battle of wits. I would have to have some competition first.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #24
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Vince, you made some very asinine comments. You dug your own hole.

I am aware that nuisance gators are killed occasionally but usually not on the "first offence". They are usually relocated as most have just lost their way. Living in Florida as you stated most people are WELL aware of the wildlife and what dangers are in it. Wouldn't it be grand if others in other areas did the same thing?

In an earlier post you said "those kids COULD have been killed"

The operative word there is COULD. They weren't, so why kill the snake for just being a snake? Ignorance is far to often used as an excuse in these situations. Perhaps if more people educated themselves to the their own environment and what animals share it with them, there would be less cases of this sort of thing.

yes it would be grand. It is a shame people are uneducated on how to deal with nuisance animals.

yes, could, thanks for pointing that out. I believe human life > a snakes life

Old 06-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #25
Jim O
Quote:
You are right Vince, this is by no means a battle of wits. I would have to have some competition first.
Yes, exactly my point Mike. ^5's.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #26
Vince
Quote:
yet no reasons. Just generic statements and insults from the both of you.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:26 PM   #27
ecmorrell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
yet no reasons. Just generic statements and insults from the both of you.

Ok then Vince, what makes it ok to kill a rattlesnake when avoiding it would be just as effective? Killing snakes on site is detrimental to the environment and food chain.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:31 PM   #28
Rebel Dragons
OMG...................... Many, many reasons were given already on why or how the life of that snake could have possibly been spared.

Let me break out the Crayola's and draw you a map.

#1. Once the children were removed from the situation the snake posed no harm to anyone.

#2. A simple phone call could have removed the snake to a more suitable location.

#3. If the person who killed the snake would have been more educated about the snake and their surroundings the snake would have probably been spared.

#4. Vince, I would stay inside today because there is a big scary world out there with dangers around every corner. And you can't legally kill everything.

#5. When the Avon lady rings the bell. Please don't kill her, although she's a nuisance she's just trying to make a living.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #29
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmorrell
Ok then Vince, what makes it ok to kill a rattlesnake when avoiding it would be just as effective? Killing snakes on site is detrimental to the environment and food chain.
A rattle snake that encroaches on a home it becomes a deadly pest. When it is not safe to trap the animal extermination may be required and may prevent injury or even loss of life.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #30
Vince
Quote:
OMG...................... Many, many reasons were given already on why or how the life of that snake could have possibly been spared.

Let me break out the Crayola's and draw you a map.

#1. Once the children were removed from the situation the snake posed no harm to anyone.

How do you know this for sure, it is just your opinion.

#2. A simple phone call could have removed the snake to a more suitable location.
To who? Do you know the extent of wild animal removal service in that area?

#3. If the person who killed the snake would have been more educated about the snake and their surroundings the snake would have probably been spared.
Maybe he was educated about the threat this snake could impose.

#4. Vince, I would stay inside today because there is a big scary world out there with dangers around every corner. And you can't legally kill everything.
This is another genric statment with no meaning. But you can legally kill a venomous snake that posses a threat.

#5. When the Avon lady rings the bell. Please don't kill her, although she's a nuisance she's just trying to make a living.
This is another genric statment with no meaning.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!