Stuffing yer pet. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: Is the stuffing of your pet OK, or not OK
Yes! It's your animal. It's OK to have as keepsake. 11 55.00%
NO! That is a filthy and disgusting thought! 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
, I don't care for Chihuahuas very much. I don't know why, but it's true I'm ashamed to say. LOL So one of those, in my stuffed albinos mouth.........

Old 10-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #12
Junkyard
Please, do not be ashamed to say you do not like chihuahuas.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #13
crotalusadamanteus
Well, they are animals...................I think

Old 10-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #14
South Dixie Dragons
I have to say I do not like little dogs..normally. I am a die hard hound person, Bassets, Beagles, Blood Hounds, Coon Hounds etc... I got a few of these guys from EXCELLENT breeders ..and the difference is amazing. They aren't mean, they don't shake, they aren't yappy..they act like little versions of Bassets..let's lay on the couch and watch tv! I have people come over to my house and proclaim to hate Chihuahuas, spend an afternoon with them , and then they call me a couple of days later and want to buy one from me or ask me to get them one..they grow on you like a fungus..
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #15
Lucille
Oh Michele that is a VERY cute dog!!!!

I do not think I could have my pets stuffed for many of the reasons mentioned. I do not think it permitted, but I would definitely like to have my exes stuffed and mounted; they have not yet expired but....

Old 10-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #16
coyote
Well, I think they are adorable. But then, I don't like Bassetts.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #17
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Oh Michele that is a VERY cute dog!!!!

I do not think I could have my pets stuffed for many of the reasons mentioned. I do not think it permitted, but I would definitely like to have my exes stuffed and mounted; they have not yet expired but....
well..we could work on the "not yet expired" part...Ill help you with yours if you help me with my ex...I could use his head for target practice..
and my dogs could use the rest for a fire hydrant..

Old 10-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #18
Cat_72
I have to agree, I could never do it myself with ANY of my pets.....although, I can for some reason understand it more with a reptile than a dog or cat. The affection, interaction, personality.....I couldn't look at one of my pets with all of that gone.

And for the record....I like Chihuahuas AND Bassets. I like the hounds the best too......I used to raise and show Beagles, and I currently have one very overweight Bloodhound. (Yeah, I know, I should put him on a diet......but have you ever HEARD a Bloodhound who thinks he's starving??? My neighbors have. :eek3: )

Old 10-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #19
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
And for the record....I like Chihuahuas AND Bassets.)
Yeah so.. to all ya who didn't like my little doggies!! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I like the hounds the best too......I used to raise and show Beagles, and I currently have one very overweight Bloodhound. (Yeah, I know, I should put him on a diet......but have you ever HEARD a Bloodhound who thinks he's starving??? My neighbors have. :eek3: )
Cat, If you go back to the first page of posts, you will notice that I am actually in the hound ring with my Basset!! (Only a show person would pick that up!!) I still show Bassets and now starting in Chi. I thought I was the only show person here! Good to know I am not alone! I miss my Beagles terribly!! I need another one. I have one of the Gods of Beagles down here Marie Shuart (Teloca)..of course her stuff has not been the same since she had a stroke years ago,,but she can still be seen drooling at ringside.

A Bloodhound on a diet?? That is an oxymoron! Good luck with that! The Bassets are just as bad about food! maybe worse..you can ask my neighbors too! What really pisses the neighbors off is when they all decide the want to sing...usually around 12 midnight...Hounds! they can really carry a tune can't they??

Old 10-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #20
chondrogal
Well..... Roy Rogers stuffed his horse, Trigger and his German Shepard dog and had them on display at the museum in Apple Valley, CA for many years in addition to his hunting "trophys".

I work with people and their pets full time and know of people that have had their dogs stuffed, that just seems a little over the top to me. I do LOVE having the option of cremation though and have a few little cedar boxes myself on the shelf. I even sent in my favorite pet rat, Otis, last week for cremation to sit alongside the dogs and cat.

I did skin an adult gtp that died due to egg complications a couple years ago and have kept her skin for future use... She'll make a real cool bag whenever I get around to it!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!