What is your Favorite Reptile? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #31
Mikkwa
My favorite reptiles are snakes, I have several of various species. It started out to be boas, (bci) & since I started keeping the really large species, I have to say my retics & burms take the spotlight now.

My most favorite of my 3 retics has to be my sunfire, Sundance Firestorm. She has a wonderful attitude & is a sheer pleasure to interact with. Here is a pic of her hanging out in her favorite spot in her enclosure.

My 2nd favorite is gotta' be my granite burm, Annalisse Le Burm. She is a total sweetheart too.

I still love my sweet normal boa, Arriell. He isn't any special morph like a few others I have, but he is the first one I got & will always be my buddy! Here he is with my standard poodle, Cheyenne greeting him while I had him out recently.

There are other reptiles I really like also, but these are my most fav.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #32
RossCA
Boas are beautiful, especially the hypos, but they get a little too big for me. If they could only stay 3 feet I would love them. Growing up in Southern California my favorite snake has always been the CA kingsnake. I've hunted for them in the wild for many years and have found some really neat hard to find morphs. Some of these morphs are easy to find captive bred, but in the wild its a whole different story. A couple of morphs I've found are so rarely seen, they came out in Brian Hubbs book on Common kingsnakes. Here are a few I've found in the wild.

Riverside Dotted morph

Newport "scrambled banded" Morph

Long Beach Hypermelanistic Morph

Desert phase Hypomelanistic

Great post everyone!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #33
sschind
It's a tough choice but basically it comes down to 3 lizards and a frog. Green tree monitors or Caiman lizards in a nice display would not be turned down but I would probably choose centralian blue tongue skinks and for a smaller habitat true tomato frogs (D.antongili)

Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #34
rcarichter
I've got to go with Naultinus Elegans, which I'll probably never have, and Egyptian tortoises, of which I have two.

Noelle

Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #35
frillielover17
My favorite reptile (that I will never own) is a Tuatara

My favorite reptile that I do own is my Frilled Dragon

Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #36
mercuryts
i gotta say my favorite would have to be a tie between a frilled dragon, absolutely awesome lizards and my reticulated python, he's a lav. albino and just an awesome character. and my fantasy one would have to be a black golden child. they just look so awesome

Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #37
blyndsnypr
favorite species is the red tail boa
but favorite reptile in all was a 3 legged female beardie I had (: she was a sweetheart

Old 09-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #38
Morelia4life
My favorite reptiles are snakes. I have owned snakes since I was 6 years old. My fav. snakes are the Morelia genus. To me, carpet pythons are the most amazing snakes in the world.

My favorite lizard would be the chams or the frilled lizard. I have had chams but not a frilly which I hope to own in the future. Also, leopard geckos are awesome little geckos. They have awesome personalities and they are so cute. lol.

My fav. amphibian would be either pacmans or the pyxies, both are amazing in their own rights.

Very nice thread btw.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #39
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
I've got to go with Naultinus Elegans, which I'll probably never have, and Egyptian tortoises, of which I have two.

Noelle
I had forgotten about the geckos. N elegans like you said and P. masobe would be nice as well.

If I were on a limited budget... who am I kidding, I am on a limited budget I just refuse to admit it... I think a nice planted 75 gallon terrarium with gray tree frogs would be the way I would go.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #40
UwabamiReptiles
I can't pick just one so for my favorite snake I would have to say without a doubt carpet pythons. I had an IJ for my first snake and I've never looked back. They get good size, most have an awesome temperament, and they look great as a display animal.

For a favorite lizard, nothing beats a good healthy uromastyx IMO. Once again, great display animals, good temperament, and they eat veggies. I pretty positive my uro eats healthier than I do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!