Passing of Steve Irwin - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:29 PM   #31
Chameleon Company
Hey, in defense of Morgan. Yes, the thread starter was a bit blunt. But his follow-up post (#3 I think) indicates respect for Steve. Its a bummer for all, but its because the man was so good at what he did, and reached so many. We all grieve for the family, but at the same time, Steve's persona was so large that he will live on in their hearts as an influence of pride and respect until their own demise, hopefully many moons from now. In passing, he is still to be rejoiced.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #32
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus
On a side note, the Discovery Channel is considering making a memorial fund in Steve's honor that would support both the zoo and other conservation efforts being made worldwide.
DCI has lost a cherished member of our family. I am taken back by the title of this thread as well.
This morning I was sent a voicemail that DCI will be erecting a permanent fixture at our corporate offices in memorial for Mr. Irwin. There will be a fund in place as well.

This will be the first and last time that I will mention on Fauna my employment with DCI. My views on this forum or any other are my personal views and relate to my own personnel business ventures not that of DCI.

With that, The title of this thread and some of the comments posted are an extreme poor taste.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #33
Chameleon Company
Dennis an Others,
The marriage of Steve and DCI in 1992 was a marriage made in reptile heaven! We'll be talking about this guy 20 years from now (50 years for you young'uns).

Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #34
Gabriel Burgi
Steve Irwin...

In my time on this earth (a whopping 28 years) I've seen my share of celebrities, icons, world leaders, and all manner of other public personas pass on. Lucille Ball, Kurt Cobain, Ronald Reagan, Christopher Reeve...and the list goes on. None, and I mean NONE of them have made me feel as empty, upset, sad, and concerned as the loss of Steve Irwin. Did he play things up a bit for the cameras? Maybe. Did he put his child in danger by holding him while he fed a croc? I don't think so. What he did, however, was inspire a generation (or two) into reliving their childhood, their proudest moments, and reshaped the public paradigm concerning reptiles. Honestly, he made watching nature/wildlife programs fun to watch again.

Did I get tired of his inflated Aussie accent? Sometimes...but I will never be tired of hearing his voice on TV as he gets so excited and enthusiastic about the animals that this community holds dear, and that the majority of the TV-watching public scorns. I'll miss him. There will never be another like him, and I hope there never will be.

Rest in peace, Steve, and best wishes to your family and friends as they (and we) mourn the loss of a great man.

Gabriel Burgi

Old 09-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #35
DeadIrishD
I find it ironic that he dealt with some of the deadliest herps, and none of which killed him, but he died due to a fish.

I too am very sad for his death, but how many people truely get to die doing something that they love?

lets not think of him as dead, but as him no longer being here personally he has touched way to many to actually be 100% dead and forgotton.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #36
K-Ran
As my family and I sit here tonight with tears in our eyes, watching some of our favorite Croc re-runs, it is only beginning to hit me of our loss. I have never been so touched on a personnel level over the death of a celebrity. Steve was a passionate man about the animals and people he loved. Like him or not; he never pretended, he was who he was. Those without a voice have lost one of their most outspoken defenders. It is easy for us to understand how one can be so devoted to such animals; but he helped share this love with other less enthusiastic viewers and send a message of conservation for all animals. Thanks Steve for sharing your life, love, family and you passions with us!

Old 09-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #37
Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
DCI has lost a cherished member of our family. I am taken back by the title of this thread as well.

With that, The title of this thread and some of the comments posted are an extreme poor taste.
Well said Dennis. I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

RIP STEVE IRWIN

Old 09-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #38
Chameleon Company
Morgan,
Maybe it doesn't matter a hill of beans, but if you make a post here, requesting that the "powers that be" change your thread-starting-title to somehting more appropriate, I have it on higher authority that it will be done,, but the request must come from you. I know you have it in you to do so, and in some small way, it will matter to us all. Please do it, and you decide the new title. As a starter "Steve, R.I.P." We all loved this guy, and owe him beyond our ability to repay. Thank you.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:51 AM   #39
extreme_bci
Tribute to Steve Irwin

I still can't bleve this happen. I'v been watching him since I was 4 years old, so I have grown up with him. I'v seen ever show that he has done. It really feels like I have lost a very, very close friend of mine and an idol.

There was some people that did not like him becues his 'hands on' aproch on thing's. But even they can't say that he was not a GOD in the herp world. He really opend up millions of millions of people around the world to reptiles. 'From hey look at that ugly snake to Hey look at what a beautful animal this is'. He was very passionate, and all he wanted to do was to educat the world on what he loved to do. And he did a dam good Job in my opinion. In the words of Steve ( My job, My mission, the reason I was put on this planet is to save wildlife, and I thank you for coming with me.) That one alwas brings a few try to my eye's.

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

He may have past away, but his spirit will live with us all.

You will not be forgotton my good friend.

R.I.P. STEVE IRWIN

Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #40
Junkyard
Title was changed out of respect for the Irwin family.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!