leaving bad karma and karma doesn't go up. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Kingetula
leaving bad karma and karma doesn't go up.

I feel like a NOOB but I can't figure out how to give bad Karma and when I leave good Karma I don't see that persons Karma go up...

I've tried the serach (How to give bad karma) but nothing came up, I'm probably not looking in the right spot. I hate for someone to hold my hand here and if there is a link to these questions I am in serach of I have no problems reading... Just looking for a friendly point in the right direction.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
The negative Karma was removed a couple weeks ago because some people were whining about it. As for positive Karma, it sometimes doesn't show up right away in the left bars and really, unless they're on the edge of acquiring a new green square or you have a high Karma rating yourself, it might not even rollover.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
The negative Karma was removed a couple weeks ago because some people were whining about it. As for positive Karma, it sometimes doesn't show up right away in the left bars and really, unless they're on the edge of acquiring a new green square or you have a high Karma rating yourself, it might not even rollover.
Interesting... We sure don't want to hurt any ones feelings! God Bless America!

Thank you.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula View Post
Interesting... We sure don't want to hurt any ones feelings! God Bless America!

Thank you.
That's the way things work just about everywhere. The majority lose out due to a few doing wrong or a few whining about something. Look at all the bannings and restrictions of animals due to a few idiots doing wrong. That's all it takes, an incident or two and the rest who follow the rules get punished along with the wrong doers. Is it fair, I'd say not but what can you do about it? As the saying goes, a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingetula View Post
I feel like a NOOB but I can't figure out how to give bad Karma
The karma system was being abused by some so it was changed so all you can leave is good karma.

We are a more friendly and happy site because of that.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
The karma system was being abused by some so it was changed so all you can leave is good karma.

Some are happier because they are no longer getting what they deserve for their poor choice of words and their new ability to continue to do so without consequences.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
That's a load of garbage.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
That's a load of garbage.
Would we expect anything more from him?

Old 10-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
Kingetula
Man, if it only worked like this in the real world... You can't be fired but can only get raises! Who are we catering to? Adults or children? I love when people are honest, if I screwed up let me know, not only am I man and can take feedback (Good or bad) it also helps me think about how I come across to others. I don't try to piss people off, forums don't usually understand my personality as people do in real life... I joke and BS a lot, sometimes I come across rude when I'm trying to be funny... Oh well.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
hhmoore
Negative karma was disabled due to some abuses by a number of members...as is usually the case - some people were happy about the change, some were not. I don't know if Rich plans to restore it at some point or not, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time it has been disabled.
As far as people's karma not going up - you have to consider the impact you are making, and the ranges shown for the different levels. When a member looks at somebody else's karma, they get a range. For example, looking at the karma of the people in this thread, I see the following ranges: <50-149>, <1000-1499>, <450-549>...No specific number for any given member. Now consider that one's karma score goes up by the value of the giver's "karma power"....in your case, Scott, that means you boost somebody by 5 points. David can give somebody 31 points...but even that won't necessarily change the range showed.
Further, while the running total seen in your User CP is up to the minute, the system adjusts things daily...at least in terms of ranking. So, if somebody moves from one group to another, I don't think that will be shown until the daily update. (I don't remember what time that happens)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!