Before/after pics of diamond jungle jag - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
nicks075
Before/after pics of diamond jungle jag

Picked this girl up in december, shes was bred from a 75% diamond/jungle to a coastal jag, 3 sheds later and I'm shocked on how good she looks, I can't wait to see her in another 3 sheds from now. I wasn't convinced she was a jag at first but based on her head pattern typical in jags with that sea turtle look, I'm certain she is, with sibs the feet of the seaturtle would be unbroken to the neck.

Took these with my phone in december the day I got her.

3 months and 3 sheds later I'm amazed with her so far.

Here's a good shot of the head with the broken pattern showing shes a jag.

Thanks for looking.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Morelia4life
I don't know if she is a jag or not. Jag's usually have a really reduced pattern and she has a pretty heavy pattern. Also, I have never heard of the sea turtle head thingy?? I don't know what that is all about. Did the guy selling her say she was a Jag? Who was the seller? Looks like a jag sib to me but I am no expert so don't take my word on that one. Just giving my advice.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
stolenheron
regardless of what it is, that is a very good looking carpet!!

I bought a cheap, fairly "muddied" jungle carpet a few months back and sure enough 3 sheds later and it is getting some serious yellows and distinct patterns!

please explain the sea turtle pattern thing if you can, that is new to me.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
nicks075
I should Clarify myself when I mentioned the sea turtle pattern, that isn't something found on all jags but I have seen it on past pics I've seen of jags but never seen it on a sib. What I'm referring to is if you look at the patten On the head you can see what resembles a sea turtle if you were looking at it from above, the front flippers are connected to the eyes of the snake, the rest should become evident. When I first go her I was skeptical she was a jag an called the seller and he assured me she was a jag and not a sib, he mentioned the head pattern though he didnt use "sea turtle" I seen that term used on the morealia forum describing it on another jag.

I posted th sMe pics on the morealia forum and just about everyone agreed it did look like a jag, im going their word for it since that forum has the most knowledgeable people regarding carpets. I believe after a few more sheds her jag look will come out more obviously. I believe the heavy pattern is from the diamond influence as I have seen similar heavy patterns from other diamond jungle jags.

Of coarse it's possible I'm wrong but I'm banking on that she is a jag based on my own opinion, the breeder and the opinion of everyone that commented on the morealia forum.
Thanks for your thoughts though.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
nicks075
Some updated pics, she's really looking great after a few sheds.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
nicks075
Some updated pics, she's really looking great after a few sheds.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
nicks075
oops sorry about double post

Old 05-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
hadenglock
defintely looks like a diamond cross to me, thats obvious, the coastal pattern is showing too

Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
Jeff Tyler
Not a jag sorry but a nice sib

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!