Bad Guy "Sam C" Calami (defaulted transation) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #31
Mistyck
And yet you are still posting here (even though IP addresses match to NWHerps) saying that you don't know what's going on, and you are trying to get to the bottom of it. (WO)Man up and deal with the fact that you got caught trying to pull the wool over the forum's eyes. It's a done deal. Your phone number matches the one posted before, and the IP's match. Now if that's all a coincidence then there really are wings on pigs. We are being ADULTS, you are being childish, by saying that it's all bad mouthing. Geesh...You sound just like a "Scammer" by saying that we're all childish and that we're bad mouthing. UGH! Grow up!

Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
laterob
Yvette, Sam is placing ads for your animals behind your back. Maybe he's the one you should direct your focus to?

Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 PM   #33
Redd Reptiles
I know this is a really old thread, but I wanted to add to it since I know he is still active in the reptile community and my experience was somewhat recent.

I worked with Sam Calami previously at an independent pet store in Portland, Oregon. He's a bit of a legend at there now where the name "Man-Sam" will make anyone who was around at the time cringe. Yvette is indeed his wife, and it is my understanding that they have quite a few relationship issues. However, that's no one's business but their own. I will say that he presented himself as quite the expert on all animals, and the manager he worked closely with supported his expertise.

In October of 2014, I purchased an adult male crested gecko from him. He was in perfect health, but he was quite aggressive with females and was rehomed last year. In November/December of 2014, I purchased a hatchling ball python from him. I knew nothing about ball python genetics at the time, but I was told it was het pied. I was playing around with the idea of breeding, but I will never know if it were true. It did not eat for over a month and passed away in the care of my manager. Before that one passed away, I traded him 2 normal and 1 hypo female leopard geckos for another hatchling ball python, a female het pied. He planned on breeding these females with, I believe, a RAPTOR male. Because I did not want to take the time and risk of growing out a possible het, she was rehomed last year and is still doing well in her new home.

The real problem I had with him was more personal. The short version is that he deceived the management and staff at the pet store for about a month before moving to Maryland without notice. He left behind a large number of animals in the warehouse that belongs to the store against their knowledge, where they were further neglected by the manager mentioned above. Below are the animals and their fates:

Bearded dragon - Had MBD and stub legs. He was adopted out to a friend of an employee. I do not know where he acquired it or where it is now.
0.1 Russian tortoise - Currently very happily living with one of the managers at the pet store. I see her pretty often, and she looks great despite terrible shell condition when she was brought in. She was given to Sam from a customer that was looking to rehome her. I remember him talking about planning to flip her.
1.2 group of corn snakes - I took these myself to rehome. They were housed in a 40 breeder with one hide and one water bowl. I found a couple rotten mice buried in the aspen. They were purchased by Sam for breeding. They have been rehomed with a lovely family in Washington, and they keep me updated with regular pictures.
1.2 group of leopard geckos - These were the 0.3 geckos that I had traded him for the ball python and the 1.0 RAPTOR he had bought to breed with them. One of my females was missing, and I can only assume she passed away. The male was in a dangerous condition with his spine showing prominently. They were in a 10 gallon with a hide and water dish. They were separated and adopted out to an employee, who rehomed them to one of his friends. As of my quitting that job, that person still had them in his possession, and they are doing great. This was the hardest part on me personally, as I had raised them from hatchlings and no longer had the enclosures to take them home.
1.0 adult Sonoran mountain kingsnake - This guy was in great condition, and after a lengthy QT process, he was sold to an amazing couple that shops at the store regularly. Even though I do not work there anymore, I still hear stories of his new owners coming in to let us know how great he is doing, as I'm the one who sold him. He was given to Sam by a customer who was not taking proper care of him.

The only animals that I know for certain that Sam took with him were his ball pythons. I have personally held a spider, an albino, and a bumblebee that he has. They were all in good condition, and I have the feeling that he takes care of his ball pythons much better than anything else because they seemed like his true passion. I know that his wife Yvette keeps dumpy tree frogs, and their setup was gorgeous.

There is a lot more to this story that doesn't really belong on Fauna. He scammed the manager out of money for a plane ticket, which is not reptile-related, but definitely character-related. I can provide proof if it ever really comes up.

I would advise anyone looking to do business with Sam or Yvette to quietly walk away.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:39 AM   #34
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Reptiles View Post
He scammed the manager out of money for a plane ticket, which is not reptile-related, but definitely character-related. I can provide proof if it ever really comes up.
You should provide proof, or have the manager get an account and post the proof, as third-party statements really aren't permitted.

I also thank you on the heads-up for this guy's move to MD as I'm not far from there so I'll keep an eye out for him.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #35
Redd Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
You should provide proof, or have the manager get an account and post the proof, as third-party statements really aren't permitted.

I also thank you on the heads-up for this guy's move to MD as I'm not far from there so I'll keep an eye out for him.
I figured I would end up messing up one of the rules in that long post. Please ignore that part then, as I do not have contact with her anymore and wouldn't know how to find her without going through other people who would possibly still have contact. It was a much deeper situation than I have explained here, and I would erase that part if I could.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #36
delawareballs
Sam is in Md I have recently traded him for a Candino Ball Python that was in great shape and a friend of mine got a spied from him which was also in great shape not sure of his past but the Ball Pythons where in good shape. Well Taken Care of

Old 05-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #37
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by delawareballs View Post
Sam is in Md I have recently traded him for a Candino Ball Python that was in great shape and a friend of mine got a spied from him which was also in great shape not sure of his past but the Ball Pythons where in good shape. Well Taken Care of
You just joined to say this? This Sam Salami seems like a real character.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:24 PM   #38
delawareballs
I did not just join fauna no and I got in the conversation to give people a heads up this is him. And this does not make him a great guy more the point he cares about one species more then the other and to give my local reptile keepers a years up I did my research and it is same guy.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #39
Redd Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by delawareballs View Post
I did not just join fauna no and I got in the conversation to give people a heads up this is him. And this does not make him a great guy more the point he cares about one species more then the other and to give my local reptile keepers a years up I did my research and it is same guy.
I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience with him. He seemed to really care about his ball pythons, and his wife was the same with her tree frogs. I considered him a good friend, and I hope that he turns himself around with more positive transactions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!