Opening incubator door and taking out containers - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #21
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Your job is to feed her well with lots of calcium.
This needs to be said again.

Your job is to feed her well with lots of calcium.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
juice it
I have her well fed and doing great. Should I get rid of the one edd that is very sunken in and secreting a little? I don't want it to harm any other eggs but I also don't want to remove it if it has a chance. I am only a week or so into the incubation so would a sunken in egg have any chance? Thanks!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #23
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
You do have to get used to your incubator as they all work differently. what I mean is to monitor it closely. set your thermostat probe in there and also use a good digital thermometer to see how accurate your thermostat is.a loss of a clutch of dragon eggs is a big loss.
I have to agree with this statement... my incubators are off by a few degrees, the reptipro not so much, but the exoterra is way off. I really don't like the exoterra and have recently bought another reptipro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache Reptiles View Post
You haven't had any problems with babies hatching out smaller than average sized at 8 weeks? That's the only thing I've heard of causing problems with keeping them warmer- babies hatching out that shouldn't have hatched yet.
I was wondering the same thing? I average 58 - 64 days @ 84.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice it View Post
I have her well fed and doing great. Should I get rid of the one edd that is very sunken in and secreting a little? I don't want it to harm any other eggs but I also don't want to remove it if it has a chance. I am only a week or so into the incubation so would a sunken in egg have any chance? Thanks!
I'd leave it alone for a bit. I have had eggs hatch that I was positive wouldn't and the baby is doing great! As long as it doesn't smell and doesn't have mold on it, leave it alone. (Someone will correct me if I am incorrect, right? )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!