1st time hatchling baby question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
mikepanzarella
1st time hatchling baby question

out of 18 eggs 17 hatched i have them in 3 containers one for each date out of the shell the firday (1st day) has not started to eat yet offered greens and crickets
now im not too worried yet as they say it can take a week or so for them to start eating but my question is when should i start to worry and whats the best way to get them to start eating
im keeping them in the incubator till they start eating for humidity mostly
so i guess thats another question show i move them into a tank that has high basking temps and lower humidity and keep misted
sorry this is the 1st clutch ive hatched and i want to make sure all the hatched dragons live long healthy lives
thanks mike

Old 02-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Ed Clark
They all should be eating good within a week.

I offer chopped up collards and 1/4" crickets for their first meals.if they seem reluctant to feed get some mini mealworms from Florida. not regular mealworms but the fast crawling black ones. they are like magic for getting baby beardies to eat.

www.MINIMEALWORMS.com

Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
They all should be eating good within a week.

I offer chopped up collards and 1/4" crickets for their first meals.if they seem reluctant to feed get some mini mealworms from Florida. not regular mealworms but the fast crawling black ones. they are like magic for getting baby beardies to eat.

www.MINIMEALWORMS.com
Thanks for the link Ed! I have looked everywhere for those things.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
mikepanzarella
They started eating today small crickets havnt started on greens yet

Old 02-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
Sushi Dragons
No worries, just keep greens available at all times and they'll catch. Bugs are always more exciting to babies. Glad they're eating

Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
I always have fresh greens available. Mine is a mix of mustard and kale.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!