Ranco Problems - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Who has had problems with Rancos?
I have had a failure 8 18.60%
I personally know someone that had a failure 3 6.98%
I have had no failures 23 53.49%
I know of no failures 9 20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #21
The BoidSmith
Simple enough even for me! Thanks Deb and Dennis!

Regards

Old 02-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #22
cahrens
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
If you want to wire up a couple like in the link, I can set up some instructions for you. It might take me a couple of days due to work schedule, but I can get them made for you. It's not difficult to wire them.
Hey Dennis,
Did you get a chance to get these instructions made up? I need a few of these and want to wire them up doubled. I was also wondering if you do any kind of price break if several of these are ordered. You can e-mail me if you want. -Chris

Old 02-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #23
Claudius
I've had Ranco units display the E2 error after electric service fluctuations and interruptions. I my cases E2 is displayed and power output from the unit ceases until the unit is reprogrammed. I've discovered that those units that exhibit this tend to be the same units to repeat it. Due to the repetition I replace those units and no longer reprogram them.

Do the Johnson units have a differential adjustable to one degree f like the Rancos?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #24
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius
I've had Ranco units display the E2 error after electric service fluctuations and interruptions. I my cases E2 is displayed and power output from the unit ceases until the unit is reprogrammed. I've discovered that those units that exhibit this tend to be the same units to repeat it. Due to the repetition I replace those units and no longer reprogram them.

Do the Johnson units have a differential adjustable to one degree f like the Rancos?
I use the Johnson control a419 and it does have the 1degree differntial. I am replacing my older controls this year with spyder robotics. I plan to run my older johnson controls in series on my colubrid racks. I think you will be happy with the Johnson Controls

Old 02-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #25
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius

Yes they do, I have a Johnson I got from Dennis last year, it is a dang good one, I am well pleased with the way it works. I hatched off 324 tegu babies with mine this past season with it without any glitches.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #26
Claudius
I do like the LED feature of the Johnson controllers. As everyone knows, you've got to get right up close to the Ranco display to see the relay status.

In tough environments, however, I do prefer the Ranco unit and with an encased sensor.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #27
Serafim
I prefer the Johnson's I use Both alot at work for heating and cooling applications.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #28
varnyard
I am using mine to incubate 10 dozen chicken eggs, for the tegus this season. It is just perfect at 97*F and holding steady.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #29
toddhowudoing
havent had my ranco about a month and my powerstrip kept kicking out, so i unwired it and just wired my heat straight in

Old 02-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #30
Xelda
I have had two Rancos quit working for me, one this year and one last year. The Johnson is still working fine though. I bought all three about 3-4 years ago.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!