Baby and Cobra - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
DThomas
Baby and Cobra

The ignorance of the human species never ceases to amaze me.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...al_Cobra_Snake

(Before anyone asks, the cobra's mouth was more than likely sewn shut)

Old 05-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
hhmoore
ahhhh, a little snake charmer in the making. I wouldn't wish the thread popping on the baby - he's not the one that got himself into that situation - but SOMEBODY deserves to get bitten over that

Old 05-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Stardust
I find that absolutely appalling.
I shuddered as I watched and as the people laughed

Old 05-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
varnyard
I don't know what to say.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
techgirl

Old 05-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
CurtisF
Just when you think you've seen rock bottom, someone will always crash right through. I shudder at what I've seen rock bottom to be when I am 70.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #7
fuscusking13
I agree that this is absolutely awful. I dont like the sewing of the snakes mouths to begin with. I have seen this kind of ignorance even with people I know. When I had my cobra people used to always ask me if its "fangs were cut out" and of course I just gave them a stupid look lol. As terrible as this is though the kids facial expressions are classic. Everytime the snake strikes it gives it that what the is your problem look, and just continues on for the tail and eventually gets the neck. The poor snake is under so much stress though, its just not fair to the animal, plus I bet you that on the last part where the cobra wraps its tail around the kid he got a foul smell on him, everytime I tailed mine I got hit with something a bit funky. Sadly there isnt much that can be done about this stuff, people over there care not about learning different ways, they have done this stuff for generations, and will most likely continue to do it for generations, its sad. Plus that was an absolutely gorgeous cobra that looked in great shape, and now it will be killed slowly for no reason, its a shame. Dan M.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #8
constrictorcrazi74
i feel so bad for the snake not the baby get head butted by the snake thats just not right

Old 05-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
Honestly, I don't think the mouth was sewn. I believe that they rip the teeth out. Which is horrible, cuz they don't cut them, they RIP them out.

The reason I say that is because many places in India actually worship the cobras, and hold special festivals for them. The do feed them quite well.

They (If I remember right) find it to be an honor to touch and play with the cobras.

So, although very wrong to hurt and stress the cobras. They will most likely take good care of them.

Again, please don't lecture me if I am wrong. But I am pretty certain that this is how parts of India feels.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #10
critical bill
Whether or not the snakes mouth was sewn, the fangs removed, whatever have you, theres a parent or two and some observers that deserve a good sandal in the ass for that stunt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!