How often do you reorganize your herp room/area? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #1
Randall Turner
How often do you reorganize your herp room/area?

I am curious to see how often everyone makes changes to their reptile area. Not just adding a new cage since you have a new addition, but a "big" change like changing heating source, or enclosure change out, or reordering how things are. I'm trying to reorganize my reptile area layout (corner of a partially finished basement) and I'm having a hard time making it how I'd like it, to the point I'm tempted to save up to build an outbuilding just for the reptiles.

Things I've done to try and make the basement how I'd like it so far.

Welded an adjustable shelf rack for 1 Neodesha 4'x2x18", 2 AP T8s and 2 self built pvc T8 knockoffs. Picked up 2 Vision 400s for growing boas that will need them. Added a VE6 rack (will be adding another in the near future). Added a Vision 332 for future use. Have a 3 stack of Vision 221s housing the previously mentioned growing boas and a bull snake. I'm just sorta... stuck with deciding what exactly I want to do. So hoping some input from others will give me some inspiration.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #2
houseape57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
I am curious to see how often everyone makes changes to their reptile area. Not just adding a new cage since you have a new addition, but a "big" change like changing heating source, or enclosure change out, or reordering how things are. I'm trying to reorganize my reptile area layout (corner of a partially finished basement) and I'm having a hard time making it how I'd like it, to the point I'm tempted to save up to build an outbuilding just for the reptiles.

Things I've done to try and make the basement how I'd like it so far.

Welded an adjustable shelf rack for 1 Neodesha 4'x2x18", 2 AP T8s and 2 self built pvc T8 knockoffs. Picked up 2 Vision 400s for growing boas that will need them. Added a VE6 rack (will be adding another in the near future). Added a Vision 332 for future use. Have a 3 stack of Vision 221s housing the previously mentioned growing boas and a bull snake. I'm just sorta... stuck with deciding what exactly I want to do. So hoping some input from others will give me some inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-28-2019, 05:48 PM   #3
elena
I recently added an ARS rack for some of my large constrictors to account for new animals and replace some lower quality caging that crapped out on me. I'm also about to move my entire collection into a room in my house that is larger than the one the collection currently occupies. It will be a major task, but I'll finally have everything in one room and have space for additional hatchling racks and maybe a new tortoise project.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
Randall Turner
I miss having an independent room for my animals. Once you make the move to the bigger room how many square feet are you going to gain from the upgrade?

Old 08-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #5
elena
I haven't measured, but the new room is about 50% bigger.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:41 AM   #6
Randall Turner
50% increase in size will be really nice.

After I posted this I made myself move the boas and bull snake into their bigger enclosures. Now just have to wait for some of the neos to grow a little before putting them into the Vision 221s. Thinking of picking up some pvc pipe and making some faux limbs to make perches for some of the animals. The bull I imagine would use them, she's always destroying her enclosures decor, so something to climb on would be nice I think.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:34 PM   #7
elena
I just finished moving everything into my new reptile room, and it looks fantastic! Right now about half of the room is taken up by some animals I'm taking care of for my business partner while she moves. When they are gone, I'm hoping to add more python hatchling racks and maybe a small tortoise project. It would be our first foray into tortoises (current snake person and former gecko person), and we are leaning towards locality Hermann's tortoises. I like the color and small size, and my research suggests these are a good choice for a first time tortoise owner.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #8
Randall Turner
Wow, you got them moved over quick.

The Hermans Tortoises should be fun ones to work with. They are similar to the torts I caught as a kid in Turkey.

Old 08-30-2019, 04:28 PM   #9
elena
I think the Turkish ones are graeca, but I could be mistaken. I like those too, but the Hermann's are a little more colorful, and smaller.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #10
Randall Turner
That was what I've been told they were likely to be, but several of the larger adults I caught were well over a foot so might have been marginated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!