Burms or Retics??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
pythonjim
I feed my 4 footers 1 small rat every 6 days and my biggest(16 foot) 1 7lb rabbit every 2 weeks. feeding cycle opinions do very though! ps, did you see the price tag on that box of retics? oyfg!

Old 01-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
partyboy6686
I have owned 15 or so Burms and 5 Retics. The only African Rock I had was the worst snake I ever owned. It would strike at the glass ever time you walk by the cage. It would lunge out of the cage when you slide the glass doors. I cant tell you how many times it tried to bite me.

On another note I would choose a Retic. There is something so fascinating about there size. Plus look at all the morphs you can choose from. My favorites are the reduced pattern super tigers and the genetic stripes.

Thanks
Brandon

Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #13
mmdragons
Thanks Brandon So far I think retics are getting high recommendations

Old 02-16-2010, 06:05 AM   #14
TropicalSerpent
I have Both Burms and retics I think of a Retic to be MOre Exotic but a Burm to be a couch Potato.

Gunna probably go with burms the personality is just so original.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
Keith Stambaugh
I'll put a plug in for the Burms, simply because of the difference in thickness. Not to put down retics cause I've only had one of those verse dozens of big Burms. Including the 13' green that I currently have.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #16
Utta
Gotta go with retics. Love the pattern and personality on all of em.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #17
mmdragons
Jim, I know right? a few hundred gallons of gas for his van wtf kinda van is that??? and 17lb rabbit few, so while I am getting all this great feed back what is the cage size for an average adult Retic and Burm....?
ALso yeah retic's pattern is AWSOME my favorite is lav albino hehe

Old 02-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
pythonjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
Jim, I know right? a few hundred gallons of gas for his van wtf kinda van is that??? and 17lb rabbit few, so while I am getting all this great feed back what is the cage size for an average adult Retic and Burm....?
ALso yeah retic's pattern is AWSOME my favorite is lav albino hehe
standard tigers will always be my absolute favorite. my 12 footer is housed
in a 7 foot custom.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #19
mmdragons
really, I always thought a big snale need some room to stretch, like a 10-12 foot cage for a big guy! SO a few more Questios, What sex? ever got tagged by one and how? Also Average adult size?
MAx

Old 02-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #20
pythonjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdragons View Post
really, I always thought a big snale need some room to stretch, like a 10-12 foot cage for a big guy! SO a few more Questios, What sex? ever got tagged by one and how? Also Average adult size?
MAx
the sex of a retic never mattered to me until I was serious about breeding them. now I have several adults both male and female, several different morphs and locales. Locale plays a huge part in the size(or potential size)
a animal can acheive. as far as getting bit ,how bad and why....check out
the thread "what animals have you been bitten by". If you smell like a
rabbit, you are probably risking getting bit. ouch! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!